DP F-5 installed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking DP F-5 installed

Ok, I just had to do it and start a tread on putting it on. It went in fine , had to do a little land scaping to the black plastic holder for the pcm. I put the switch where they showed it, but anyone have thiers some where else ? I,m thinking next to the 4x4 selector switch. So far I made it out past the gate in front of the shop , gonna drive it home and report back in the morning. Hell I have,nt even been on the road and I,m grinning, .
Tunes...
no start
stock
high idle 1100 rpm,s
60 tow
80 tow
80 e
120 race
140 extreem

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:32 AM
PSN Newb

Re: DP F-5 installed

I can't be of any help, as I got the gauge switch and put it on a 2-pod A-pillar mount with my Aeroforce Scangauge.

But I'm still waiting for my BTS valvebody to arrive so I can hook up the chip to the PCM...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:38 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I had the gauge mount, then switched to the pod holder...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Water pressure 2.JPG (102.2 KB, 43 views)

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Smarty Power!

Send a message via AIM to John_DeereGreen Send a message via Yahoo to John_DeereGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I had the gauge mount, then switched to the pod holder...
How did you run your wire to the back of the switch Joe?

Jarrett Matthew

04.5 QCSB auto common rail
Smarty TnT; ISSPRO PERFORMAX
Suncoast full billet
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: DP F-5 installed

Well I went out and drove around last night, all I can say is this things is just stupid fast compared to the Sct. I have to get use to the pedle being so sensitive, especialy the high end tunes. Oh and for those of you who say you can,t feel a difference between the 80e and 120r or 140ex to bad. You can feel a definate difference between them, I think we talk about horse power a lot when it comes to tuninng, but what about the torque gains. So yes, I have a bad case of perma grin, .

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbarry View Post
I can't be of any help, as I got the gauge switch and put it on a 2-pod A-pillar mount with my Aeroforce Scangauge.

But I'm still waiting for my BTS valvebody to arrive so I can hook up the chip to the PCM...

Why ??? you can run the chip with out the valvebody.

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
Well I went out and drove around last night, all I can say is this things is just stupid fast compared to the Sct. I have to get use to the pedle being so sensitive, especialy the high end tunes. Oh and for those of you who say you can,t feel a difference between the 80e and 120r or 140ex to bad. You can feel a definate difference between them, I think we talk about horse power a lot when it comes to tuninng, but what about the torque gains. So yes, I have a bad case of perma grin, .

Dan
Awesome to hear Dan, I knew you would enjoy it ALOT! Running around unloaded or with light loads you'll find yourself in the higher tunes more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
Sure you can, but if he ordered it setup for thye BTS valve body might as well wait. I'm not a big fan of the way these trucks shift with the chip & no shift kit.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Sleep well my brothers

Welcome to the perma grin club I have mine mounted like the instructions say but I have been thinking about getting the ont that Joe has.

Early 99 CC DRW AFE, 4" MBRP,Autometer,6.0 trans cooler, ITP, DP Tuner and cupholder upgrade
Former U.S.A. Res. MP & proud of it!

2005 Dodge 4x4 5.9 With some stuff done to it.

"If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist…you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_stroker View Post
I asked Jody to tune it to work with the valvebody; I've only seen bad reports of those whose tunes were mated to the BTS valvebody but who were impatient and put the chip in before the valvebody was installed.

That's fine, though; I installed the EGT probe and Gauge switcher yesterday, and work is occupying me all day today, so when it all comes in, I'll be rolling with tunes in a day. :)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Rebel View Post
Awesome to hear Dan, I knew you would enjoy it ALOT! Running around unloaded or with light loads you'll find yourself in the higher tunes more often.

Sure you can, but if he ordered it setup for thye BTS valve body might as well wait. I'm not a big fan of the way these trucks shift with the chip & no shift kit.
I,m running mine with a stock trans till I get the tugger kit in the new one I have here, just haven,t had the time to do it. Now that I have the F-5 I,m gonna have to make it a point to find the time, . Brian drove it today to get lunch, he loves it over the SCT . I like the 140 a lot, the peddle is so touchy you have to be carefull you don,t run someone over when the light turns green though, . Yes, its cool being in the perma grin club. I have to get paul to take it for a spin, see how he likes it compared to his 06 with my old SCT.

Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode