Max power with ACs - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Max power with ACs

As the headline suggests, what is the max power you could get from a set of ACs? Looking for the max with what I have, and what I could get with more supporting mods(fuel, big oil, bigger turbo, bigger CAC, etc.)

And yes I am trying to decide if its worth it to go ACs, or pony up and get hybrids. I know the hybrid max is way out of reach for my stock motor so if I go hybrids it would be more of a future upgrade potential.

2001 F350 CC LB 4X4
TN, AIS, DP 80hp, ITP boost elim, Magnaflow 4".
Tows the big white hauler.

When life gives you Lemons, throw them at the stupid people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: Max power with ACs

AC's with your mods... about 350-370ish... Closer to 350. Go for the hybrids...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Do you work? Are you stalking me? :supergay: If not, your a really bad influence on me.

Here is my thinking. The hybrids are WAY more money. At this point in time 350 would be just fine for me and I really can't think about stepping up to the 400+ club any time soon. There is a good chance I could put another 150K-200K on this truck before I am looking at a rebuild or new motor. By then I will need to look at new injectors anyway so if I pony up for the hybrids now I may never get to take advantage of them. If it came down to it, I am going to buy a Jeep and build a crawler before I build a big motor for the tow rig.

Anyway, just curious how far I could go with the ACs and a few mods. 350hp would make me pretty happy for the next couple of years, especially if I get another 200K.

2001 F350 CC LB 4X4

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

You would think so... but they you drive in a truck like Mikes... and then your buying forged rods... and a Nos kit... and bigger water injectors... and dual hpops... and... and ...

NO I DONT WORK...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

See if I get the urge my wife just points me to the brewery and tells me to brew, that results in beer, which I drink and the upgrade urge fades away.

If that doesn't work I take out the T-Maxx and break it, upgrade parts are WAY cheaper for that little bastid than any of my other toys.

2001 F350 CC LB 4X4

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:51 PM
PSN Veteran

why not spend the 3-400 extra for regular BDs and throw stock nozzles on with conservative programming? Jody ran those in his 02 for quite some time if i'm not mistaken. i think he was making around 360-375hp.

2002 F250
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:51 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I just bought a new RC... The Tsomething... the truck one not the statium one...

Joe
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowDiesel View Post
why not spend the 3-400 extra for regular BDs and throw stock nozzles on with conservative programming? Jody ran those in his 02 for quite some time if i'm not mistaken. i think he was making around 360-375hp.
Where would I get this, or how would I do this? Wouldn't BDs require a lot of oil? My thinking is that ACs would be a good interum solution for me. The truck has 237K on it and is primarily my tow rig. My hauler is close to 15K and has a lot of wind resistance.

Talking about injector choices here:
https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1290

2001 F350 CC LB 4X4

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

That would be the T-Maxx, FUN STUFF. I got a buddy who has an insane amount of RC cars.
http://www.hobby101.com/Dave's%20Cars.htm

I got to drive his Tamiya F350 crawler and his HPI buggy. The buggy is INSANE fun.

2001 F350 CC LB 4X4

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 08:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetonka View Post
Where would I get this, or how would I do this? Wouldn't BDs require a lot of oil? My thinking is that ACs would be a good interum solution for me. The truck has 237K on it and is primarily my tow rig. My hauler is close to 15K and has a lot of wind resistance.

Talking about injector choices here:
https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1290
well, DI is still showing BDs for $1999 www.diperformance.com
pretty much any sponsor can get you get regular BDs is my understanding.
you would just swap the nozzles from your A-codes. BDs actually require less oil than A-codes anyway.
a-code 7:1
b-code 6:1
hybrid 5:1
so it would seem as though b-codes with your stock 7-hole nozzles would use less oil than your current injectors and you could just have the truck tuned very conservatively.

2002 F250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode