Live Tune Tunes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Live Tune Tunes

I've got a very mild truck (DP, exhaust, intake, ats housing) and signed up for Live Tuning here in Denver this weekend.

Just wanted to improve the driveability of the truck and fix a few things when towing up here at high altitude. Just wondering what kind of tunes you guys were able to get, anything cool? Unusual? Tom told me about a drivethru tune, thought that was cool. Wondering if there is anything else I should think about besides the standard shifting pattern and stuff.

TIA,
Christian

01' 350
DP Tuner, ATS Housing, MBRP Exhaust, DIY Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Live Tune Tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGuava View Post
I've got a very mild truck (DP, exhaust, intake, ats housing) and signed up for Live Tuning here in Denver this weekend.

Just wanted to improve the driveability of the truck and fix a few things when towing up here at high altitude. Just wondering what kind of tunes you guys were able to get, anything cool? Unusual? Tom told me about a drivethru tune, thought that was cool. Wondering if there is anything else I should think about besides the standard shifting pattern and stuff.

TIA,
Christian
Those are some of the key points Jody addresses while live tuning. If you have requests this is definately the time to ask if it can be done. Jody will create the tune, then test it. When you are completely happy he saves it. For ex: the decel tune was created during a live tuning session in CO. Altitude tuning was done in CO for specific needs. Many other tunes were also.

Diane
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
<-- it's like that

Christian, give me a call this week and I'll scan your truck before you head out to live tuning. At the same time, I can help you get a list of things that you want to ask Jody. That's what I did.... I just wrote down a list of questions and asked him all of them. Once I was done, and he saved the last tune, I had a chit eating grin on my face.

Oh, and Jody is a mind reader too. Some questions he answered before I could even get them out of my mouth.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:45 AM
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Live Tune Tunes

I can,t wait till tomorow, the DP F-5 is almost here. Get to see what the permagrin feels like after work. WOOO HOOO.

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Curtis, I'll give you a call tomorrow. As much as I want to think about this live tuning, I really can't stop driving my fast car....haha. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

01' 350
DP Tuner, ATS Housing, MBRP Exhaust, DIY Intake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode