Regulated Fuel Return?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Regulated Fuel Return??

Has anyone else tried using DI regulated return with BTS BO. My truck has been down for 5days now, currently renting a truck to go to work. Still having trouble trying to get fuel lines hook up. Currently having problem with the line from Driverside rear to fuel bowl and return line from regulator. I am really regretting this project, thoughts of a burning truck rolling into the river have crossed my mind.

01' F250 PSD CC 4x4, GTP38R, Hi-Flow outlet, DI Bellowed up-pipes, BTS Hpop, DI Regulated return, ITP Annilator, AM 3pod, AFE PG7 Stage II, Silverline 4in T-Back, 6.0 Trans cooler, Dp F5, BTS Trans, True-Trac 3.73, Powerslot Cryo, Rotella ELC, Nitto Terra 285/75/16E on Alcoa wheels

Last edited by Torque37; 07-17-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Mispelled words, It's my keyboard fault. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
Re: Regulated Fuel Return??

fuel bowl delete will solve your problems

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:44 AM
<<HowdoIgetridofthat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque37 View Post
thoughts of a burning truck rolling into the river have crossed my mind.
With that hood I wouldnt blame you.....J/K good luck with it

02 F250 4x2 362rwhp/760rwtq
13.942 @ 98.44mph
Dp Tuner
Van Turbo w/ Wicked Wheel
Swamps 175/146

So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
John Wayne doesnt care where you watch his movies, and beer doesnt care where the refirgerator is.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Banned

Just run some fuel lines to the engine.

You've got an 1/8" pipe thread port to work with at each corner. I'm sure you can get some fuel to and fro with that.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:05 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque37 View Post
Has anyone else tried using DI regulated return with BTS BO. My truck has been down for 5days now, currently renting a truck to go to work. Still having trouble trying to get fuel lines hook up. Currently having problem with the line from Driverside rear to fuel bowl and return line from regulator. I am really regretting this project, thoughts of a burning truck rolling into the river have crossed my mind.
I have one. We did have to get a little creative with the plumbing at the fuel bowl end but all the hoses fit with no problems after changing some of the fittings. I can take a few pics tomorrow if you want. The DI system doesn't have a lot of slack and the hoses are very stiff and have a limited bend radius.

2002 F350 Lariat CC 4x4 4.10 DRW, with "the ultimate towing setup!": Nov 30, 1999 engine with Fluidampr, Melling LPOP, 910 springs and ARP headstuds, DP-Tuner, DI regulated return, AC singles with 80% over EDM nozzles, BTS dual HPOP, H2e, Spearco 6.0 IC and BTS tranny .
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Fuel bowl delete would not help.

01' F250 PSD CC 4x4, GTP38R, Hi-Flow outlet, DI Bellowed up-pipes, BTS Hpop, DI Regulated return, ITP Annilator, AM 3pod, AFE PG7 Stage II, Silverline 4in T-Back, 6.0 Trans cooler, Dp F5, BTS Trans, True-Trac 3.73, Powerslot Cryo, Rotella ELC, Nitto Terra 285/75/16E on Alcoa wheels
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Finally got all the lines hookup today. But now have leak on the inlet side of fuel bowl. Trying to fix, hopefully no more leaks.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Regulated Fuel Return??

I had a hard time throwing mine on, the drivers side at the back of the head was a PITA. It still sits up against the compresor housing, but after it was all done I,d say it was worth the head ache. WhenI put the fittings on the stock bowl I cracked the housing, put some tef tape on it and so far no leaks yet. I have to do a bowl deleat here some time when I finish the fuel system someday

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I guess I will have to come up with somthing else for the inlet line. Would it be ok to use copper line??

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Drink til she's cute

Be careful with that fuel bowl!!!! They crack real easy.

2008 F-250: High Powers / Dual K16 / 60% Nozzles
ELITE
NO LIMIT
SWAMPS
GEARHEAD
INNOVATIVE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode