Overhead gauge pod - Help ??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

Overhead gauge pod - Help ???

I bought an overhead 4 gauge pod off a psn member and cant figure out how to mount it. Theres a slot at the top that I would think slides under something.

Are there any picture howto's or anything that anyone knows of so I can get an idea how to mount this?

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:09 PM
War Pig

Re: Overhead gauge pod - Help ???

duct tape and bailing twine. paint it to match your interior....sorry...i've never installed one, so i'm just being an @$$

Chad

04 F350, CC, LB, 4X4 Fat Bottom Girl....Butt A$$ Stock

SOLD>>>'00 F250, DP-Tuner, 5" Straight Pipe, S&B intake, autometer, Racer X TC and VB, Full Force Stage 1, prepump/in-tank mod, Annihilator, 203*

ET: 5.024 250' Mud Track
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Starting Over

I think they are multipurpose multi truck car application and that little notch don't mean squat.I had an overhead pod and gave it away.Didn't like the idea of moving the mirror.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

The slot slides between the head liner and the windshield. Then you use the velcrow to hold it up against the windshield. If you have a 2002 or older you have to move the mirror down to allow the pod to fit. Some are ok with aftermarket windshields.

Can help with pic's right now, camping, but monday I can.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

Thanks for any help on it. My 2002's mirror is way below where the pod goes so its not in the way. It has a groove in the center that looks like it slides under a clip or something. The entire length looks like it notches in with the headliner.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

That notch just slides between the headliner and the windshield...

Over head pod is the best fitting and looking one I have.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

Looks like Ill wait till monday and get some 3m velcro adhesive pads to mount it with.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:11 PM
PSN Veteran

I knew the "Gage whore" or "Gage master" would chime in! He HAD to have one of those in his truck!

HE!! He may have TWO side by side!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:10 PM
OEM Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Tom S

The hump down the back center is to accomidate wires running to the mirror.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
PSN Mega Miler

I think thats what the notch I kept mentioning is for too Tom. The notch or cut out I was talking about is 1 inch wide and in the center. After it is the hump your referring too.

Im going to have to cut the notch in the center an inch or so wider and a tad deeper so my alarm antenna which is glued to the windshield where this is going can still fit.

Planning on cutting the notch bigger and installing the boost gauge today. Was going to do it all yesterday but ended up with a bad headache and bailed out of doing it.

Ive still got to get some tan paint to repaint it to match my truck. The guy I got it from did an awesome job painting the pod but he painted it grey to match his truck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode