No fuel pressure help!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Send a message via AIM to big_stroker Send a message via Yahoo to big_stroker
No fuel pressure help!!

Monday night I was driving home and noticed my fuel pressure was dropping from the normal 65 to 55 then it keep going down so i pulled over and it slowly started to go back up but when i took off again it dropped down to like 10 now i have no fuel pressure at all.

I thought maybe it was the pickup tube clogged or cracked but last night i took off the line to the suction side of the pump and could sifion diesel out of the tank that way so its not that. and the fuel pump is running. and i can put my finger on the end of it and it does have some suction 2 it. i just dont have any fuel pressure.

Any ideas? maybe a clogged line from the fuel pump on up to the motor? or maybe the pump just isnt doing its job good enough anymore? I did have a lot of water in my fuel a few weeks ago this have anything to do with it?

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: No fuel pressure help!!

is your pump getting hot? if there is a restriction your pump will get hot. from what it sounds like, your pump's on its way out.

'96 f-250, auto, shackle flip, solid axle, rsk, high/crossover steering, 3.73's, true trac's front and rear, trac bars, gt4202, 7.3 ic, idm mod, ccv mod, A1000, 4-line DIY Gen3, dual ipr's, casserly 350/200's, arp studs, 910's, pushrods, elec. fan, 2-stage nitrous, fluidampr.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwheeler View Post
is your pump getting hot? if there is a restriction your pump will get hot. from what it sounds like, your pump's on its way out.
well i let it set for a day and then tried it again and still had no pressure. and i just put the pump on about a year ago

1999.5 F-250 7.3l 4x4 6 spd Ported Heads, Head studs, valve springs, DI Push Rods, DI RR, 38R, Walbro fuel pump, 238cc Injectors from Nate @ Unlimited Diesel and Tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 AM
PSN Veteran

i have gotten parts that were bad off the shelf, just because its "new" doesnt mean it works. can you put a gauge off the output of the pump?

'96 f-250, auto, shackle flip, solid axle, rsk, high/crossover steering, 3.73's, true trac's front and rear, trac bars, gt4202, 7.3 ic, idm mod, ccv mod, A1000, 4-line DIY Gen3, dual ipr's, casserly 350/200's, arp studs, 910's, pushrods, elec. fan, 2-stage nitrous, fluidampr.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwheeler View Post
i have gotten parts that were bad off the shelf, just because its "new" doesnt mean it works. can you put a gauge off the output of the pump?
I have gotten bad parts b4 2... just its been on there for a year no problem dont know why all the sudden it would be bad.

No i dont have a gauge. thought about buying one from napa

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPage...ressure+Tester

would that work?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

That's the way pumps go out generally. What kind of pump is it? Take it off and test it on a bench with 2 buckets or something to see how much it's putting out.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by imelmo View Post
That's the way pumps go out generally. What kind of pump is it? Take it off and test it on a bench with 2 buckets or something to see how much it's putting out.
That sounds like a good idea... thats what i will be doing tonight

I'm getting ready to put in the ITP's In Tank / Pre Pump kit and also do a pre lift pump between the tank and the ITP fuel filter should any 7psi pump work? I can get a cheap one from autozone for about $40 and that way there isnt as much stress on the hi pressure fuel pump. Make any since?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
HP Junky

Sounds like a pump issue to me as well. But I'd check your fuel filter and to...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
The Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinJW View Post
Sounds like a pump issue to me as well. But I'd check your fuel filter and to...
I know its not fuel filter because my fuel pressure gauge is b4 the fuel goes there they filter

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Village Idiot

is your pump trying to work? meaning getting good power, no relays in between that failed etc..

maybe you have charles' bad luck with pumps and it just died.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode