Intercooler boots - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Intercooler boots

OK guys I know I can buy bobriley has new intercooler boots available but I have the spearco 6.0L, and ever since i have installed it my drivers side boost tube does not fit very well its hard pressed against the power streeing resovior. Has anyone else had this problem on their spearco? And does anyone know if this boot kit will fit for the spreaco's http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=861? And if not then does anyone know what size boot are needed so i can order some from somewhere as you guys may know of a source as well. Thxs dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Intercooler boots

oh and does anyone know where you can buy just the banks intercooler tubes im making some changes im thinking cause right now my driver tube is fitting so bad it rubbed a hole in the powerstreering line under the tube. so i think a bigger boot or something im going out to work on it right now thxs guys
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:00 AM
PSN Veteran

This should work for you.

Quote:
oh and does anyone know where you can buy just the banks intercooler tubes im making some changes im thinking cause right now my driver tube is fitting so bad it rubbed a hole in the powerstreering line under the tube. so i think a bigger boot or something im going out to work on it right now thxs guys
Call Gale, lol.

Early 1999 (4/98) 7.3, Automatic, f-250 superduty, 4x4, crewcab, shortbed.

CCV Mod
knn intake
banks exhaust
banks power elbo
banks turbo housing
big head waste gate-disconnected
Tuning by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 gauge pod with DiPricol pyro, boost, trans temp, HPOP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor

I've got some too. These are for the 7.3 to 6.0 intercooler swaps but they might work too. Just scroll down to the Ford intercooler boot section.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/I...oler_Hoses.php

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

Toll Free 866-379-8685
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

ok so here what i found out with the stock boot on the top (spider to tube) the boot from the tube to the intercooler needs to be a 3 1/4" X 3" X 7" so that the tube will clear the power steering pump res. and line just fine. we are talking about the hot side pipe here as well. now i wonder if one exsists il get pics tomarrow
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 04:07 AM
PSN Newb

Dan,

Too bad I didn't know about this at the live tuning we just did together with Jody. You could've looked at my new 7.3 Spearco with the Dieselsite Boots. They're a great matchup and no chaffing. I think his boots are definitely worth the money, especially when you factor in what you've already invested in your truck. Sorry to hear about the rubbed line.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 04:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Ask Doodie where you can get the Banks stuff. I bought my truck from him, and it only has the Banks boots and tubes.

2001 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

deputy is taking care of me he has the boot i need to fix the tube the right way and i figure with 200K i should change out all the boots so im upgrading to silicone with new clamps. And he has a SWEEEEEEEEEET discount guys thxs man
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteduallyil View Post
deputy is taking care of me he has the boot i need to fix the tube the right way and i figure with 200K i should change out all the boots so im upgrading to silicone with new clamps. And he has a SWEEEEEEEEEET discount guys thxs man
They are all in stock and I will ship tommorrow..

Discount code is "PSN10" for anyone else on here..

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

Toll Free 866-379-8685
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 05:15 AM
A Ghost these days.

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_matt Send a message via Skype™ to mad_matt

Well I tried to set up a group buy on the banks tubes a while ago but only a few takers. I can help you all get them if we can sell 20 sets. There about a $200 a set. no boots and clamps though.

Got Boost?

Slightly modded 01 F350 CC SB 4X4