Injector Gurus Needed !!!!!!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Injector Gurus Needed !!!!!!!!

Ok, i am trying to decide on what type and size of nozzles to put on my new 530 B codes. I have HeeHaws built motor with all the supporting mods known to man and will be running twin TN's, 62mm and a 78mm. I am not looking for the most HP i can squeeze out of it, just a respectable 650hp daily driver that tows good and gets the best fuel mileage. I am thinking .0085 EDM's whatcha guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Re: Injector Gurus Needed !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediseverything View Post
Ok, i am trying to decide on what type and size of nozzles to put on my new 530 B codes. I have HeeHaws built motor with all the supporting mods known to man and will be running twin TN's, 62mm and a 78mm. I am not looking for the most HP i can squeeze out of it, just a respectable 650hp daily driver that tows good and gets the best fuel mileage. I am thinking .0085 EDM's whatcha guys think.
What does BB recommend?

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Ever think the guy is just asking for opinions on what to run?

I dont recall him asking about turbo sizing? Or mentioning BB???
Read his sig.

anyway the problem that most people have on here is undermining what the vendor is trying to do for them.

If BB is doing his setup the customer should let BB decide what injectors or tips to go with.

How can anybody else make a recommendation when they don't know the rest of the combination or even how to make the power.

David Lott
Quote:
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tom S; 07-01-2008 at 02:28 AM. Reason: quote

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
anyway the problem that most people have on here is undermining what the vendor is trying to do for them.

If BB is doing his setup the customer should let BB decide what injectors or tips to go with.

How can anybody else make a recommendation when they don't know the rest of the combination or even how to make the power.
I highly respect that comment...

1995 Ford F350 XLT CC LB, 4X4, 12V Cummins, ZF5, D60, Sterling 10.5, 6637 air filter, 7.3L Intercooler, Autometer Cobalt Gauges. ZF6 swap soon to come
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:53 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
Read his sig.

So lets see... I had Geoff build my injectors, DI built the motor, PA put it together, Elite went thru the injectors again later... SO I guess I cant ask here what nozzles I should run in my injectors? Maybe Someone is telling him to run .0100 and he thinks maybe he could go a differant route???

To the OP... I guess your going to have to ask on a differant forum, because here, if your not with the crowd your not welcome...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Last edited by Tom S; 07-01-2008 at 02:29 AM. Reason: quote
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
HRT Performance

Personally I would go with .012 EDM tips. But then again I don't make any power, I'm not in the in crowd, and I stopped shopping at BWD over a year ago.

Jason

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Just so you know dave, i have bought a couple things from you and alot of other sponsors as well. I need a list of people i can and cannot talk to so i can be a part of the club.
I know the other guys are just having alil fun and busting your chops, but I'm being serious.
I honestly think that if BB is doing the twins and making it all work that he should be the one to suggest the tips.
He knows what will work and what will not.

I base everything in a combo according to what the customer wants in a power or a certain performance level.
and the only way to know for sure is to have already proven that combo.
looking at it that I way I could not in good faith recommend a tip size for you as I don't have any twined 7.3's out there that have been proven to work.

David Lott
Quote:
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:34 PM
PSN Veteran

I have run both EH and EDM and I liked the EDM ALOT better than the EH. I had less smoke and better throttle resonse and lower EGT's w/ EDM nozzels. I ran EH .0085 then went to .012 EDM. I belive in your set up a .010-.012 EDM would be what I would go w/. Just from the reading of some tests done lately and even Charles has said once you get so big w/ the EH nozzels they get a loss of power compared to a EDM of comparable size.JMO

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Where would you get EDM's of that size? Are those the 100% over, ready built nozzles or something?

I think you are heading in the right direction w/ your nozzle sizing, especially since absolute highest hp is not of utmost importance to you; I'm certainly not an expert although I've tried a few sizes. I found what felt like the highest hp and the best drivability w/ small nozzles so far after going thru 4 different sets now w/ #5 going in soon. I found 5 holers to be the worst. The ten thousands EDM nozzles didn't really get a fair shake in my rig as there were too many other problems but I know that I don't want that much fuel anyways.

Also, Charlie did pretty good on some very small nozzles so the fuel is there w/ small holes.

A good tuner can easily work around big nozzles but I feel you lose drivability (smoke, lugging, response) w/ them. But a good tuner can only make so much power if you have small nozzles.

Good Luck!

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM
"mad cow" member

The shop thatís doing the work should know exactly what nozzles to use.
If they donít, your truck is at the wrong shop.

If youíre double checking what theyíve recommended, this is the best answer.
Quote:
the problem that most people have on here is undermining what the vendor is trying to do for them.
If youíre just making conversation, anything from cleaned up stock to .012's.
Of course thatís just my BS WAG

01 F-250 CC 4R esof PMT AIS, pine tree air freshener,
some other stuff not worth mentioning .
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode