ITP In-tank/pre-pump kit with Air Dog - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

ITP In-tank/pre-pump kit with Air Dog

Dennis, i see that with the pre-pump/intank kit u say it is not needed with the Air Dog. Would it be ok to use it with the Air Dog or a waste of money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Sponsor

Re: ITP In-tank/pre-pump kit with Air Dog

wouldnt you still want to get rid of the mixing valve and return the fuel to the furthest point of the tank. IDK... .02 cents
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Corona Killa

If you want the pre pump kit I have a new never been out of the box kit with filter and bracket for 100 bucks

2007 DODGE 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 5.9 LITER CUMMINS
2002 FORD F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 POWERSTROKE

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM
PSN Veteran

If I could go back, I think I would have left the mixing valve. I have the airdog and I am very happy with it. The intank mod did not solve my air issue.
My understanding is that the airdog eliminates the need for the intank mod, unless you want to get rid of the screens and mixing valve. This will prevent the rare possibility of the screens clogging with debris. But I don't think there will be any performance gain.
I would "harpoon" the tank either way. It allows a much faster fuel up.

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:15 PM

I did not do the intank mod on my truck. If I remember correctly, Dennis at ITP did not think it necessary with the Airdog. I have the Airdog, 2 micron post pump filter, Walbro fuel pump, 1/2" fuel feed, 5/16 return, bowl delete and reg return. Fuel pressure is set at 64 and never drops below 61 or 60.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:12 PM
lets roll

I installed the itp pre pump kit in my own truck and have been happy with it.
I had to replace the dtrm (factory pickup) on 3 seperate trucks due to clogging from algea (black gunge) in the diesel fuel. This happens when the fuel sits too long or sees to much moisture, heat and air. I just like the fact you get a spin on filter instead of having to drop the tank.

2000 f-250, dp f-5, ddp 120hp single shots, mbrp turbo back, itp boost fooler, itp pre-pump kit, banks billet torque converter, coolingmist cmgs
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
My understanding is that the airdog eliminates the need for the intank mod, unless you want to get rid of the screens and mixing valve. This will prevent the rare possibility of the screens clogging with debris. But I don't think there will be any performance gain.
That about sums it up.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
If I could go back, I think I would have left the mixing valve. I have the airdog and I am very happy with it. The intank mod did not solve my air issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITPDiesel View Post
That about sums it up.
Good deal, thats what i was curious about. i have the Air dog sitting at home and will be buying my reg return with fuel bowl delete here soon. So i was just curious. Thanks guys
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 PM

Just make sure you have a 2 micron post fuel pump filter when you delete the OEM fuel bowl.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWSUPRD View Post
Just make sure you have a 2 micron post fuel pump filter when you delete the OEM fuel bowl.
Oh i will. Deputy Dog just did this and he and i have lined up all the aprts, i just need to buy the rest of them. Thanks Mike!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode