Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Next mod...whatcha think??

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Southpaw 
#1 ·
Well, based on what you see in my sig, what do you all think is the next best bang for the buck? Either BO or BB turbo? Turbo is surging a little when towing hard and heavy and I set the SES light when the hammer is down in the 60 tow tune towing...hard and heavy.

How much HP would either of those net me?

thanks

#2 ·
Talk to stroketeck, PDR just brought out their new turbo, its a cheaper in price option to the Garrett or the TN.......Just as good too !

#3 ·
Talk to stroketeck, PDR just brought out their new turbo, its a cheaper in price option to the Garrett or the TN.......Just as good too !
Rather presumptuous for something they "just brought out".

#8 ·
yup...the famous p1211 code. I was kinda thinking the same thing. Getting the BB turbo. Doesn't the BB turbo allow you to use ALL the fuel and eliminate the smoke thus giving more HP? HP increase with a BB turbo? The BO may give me more HP and make the turbo worse. Plus....waiting for a big single is gonna be a while. I've seen this movie before, I know the ending already. :)

#9 ·
Doesn't the BB turbo allow you to use ALL the fuel and eliminate the smoke thus giving more HP? HP increase with a BB turbo?
I would not say that a BB turbo will increase HP... but a proper turbo will... Just remember that both Garrett and TN offer BB turbos, but PDRs and I believe H2Es are journal bearing turbos... you just have to pick a turbo that works well with your setup thats all...

I personally just went from a BB to a journal bearing and have been very happy with the results!!!

#12 ·
Well, [highlight]based on what you see in my sig,[/highlight] what do you all think is the next best bang for the buck? Either BO or BB turbo? Turbo is surging a little when towing hard and heavy and I set the SES light when the hammer is down in the 60 tow tune towing...hard and heavy.

How much HP would either of those net me?

thanks
I don't see intake, tuner or exhaust in there...or is that included in "blah, blah, blah"?

#15 ·
LOL...yah, I forgot to put that in my sig. I do have a 4" turbo back, DP tunes and an AFE stage 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.