Back from BWD 2.0 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
A Ghost these days.

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_matt Send a message via Skype™ to mad_matt
Back from BWD 2.0

Well I'm glad folks think I'm someone's puppet. I've told Brian what my issues with the kit were and he's worked on fixing most of them. Still have a few issue left but I'll say this if your boss tells you to do something that's wrong or will cause a safety issue and you're the wrench that's doing the work stand up for yourself and or stop work on the project because you're hands are dirty also. As for the other comments about the welds the new guys are better hands down. Not a slam against anyone just a fact. I'll get some better pics later.

As for the weld issues. they were pointed out by a professional welder because that I'm not. The fresh metal you can see on the inside of the flange piece is new weld penetrating the pin holes that existed in the old welds. Yes a source of exhaust leaks and it spewed right onto the turbo.

As for being happy with the kit when I got it you're damn right I was. Would you not be after waiting for a year to get it back. i bet you would I also talked with Brian and Kevin about my concerns before I left the first time.

As for the dig about the machine shop fing up 2 times on my motor. Well that was there deal and BWD uses another shop for all their work to my knowledge. Brian and Kevin made them make it right and it is.

There is one issue with the kit that really pissed me off. I only found it when I pulled the kit apart to replace my Valce covers and put in new gaskets. My old VC's were dented and warped. Must have happened on the ride out. Any way the Hight side pressure AC cutoff switch was removed and bypassed. That's a safety issue and it will be corrected.

Buddy or DJ did not tell me about that being done because I would have left the truck there to get it fixed. Needed or not. As for there being boots on the kit so what those are not the issue. The lower boot on the Hot side IC tube was not aligned well and that casued the boot to stress and pop under hight boost.

So know what I learned on this trip did you use aluminum o-ring v-bands on Bigr's truck. If not I'd venture to bet they leak or will @ some point. Just something to mull over.

As for the other comments about not being happy. My truck was picked up because I needed it ASAP. I had a death in the family and I needed it to move furniture home after dividing up the estate. I'm out @ my dad's again getting more stuff from the estate so until you know the back story stop speculating as to why I did what I did.

So this is where I stand. Buddy and DJ did a good job on getting the kit fabed in. They made some mistakes. Don't we all. They removed a Safety cutoff from the AC system and did not inform the customer when I was there with them in the shop. Brian and Kevin stood behind their product and are making it right. They brought in a new welder/fabriactor that is better than the old crew. Well Good for BWD. Not knocking anyone just stating a fact.

Also if you don;t have some skin in the game then lets not derail this thread. I think everyone can benefit from knowing how I was treated by BWD. Top notch service IMO.

One last thought. When i work on something weather for my business or not I do the best work I will not comprise on anything. Just something for everyone to think about because once you touch something your name is attached to the end result. No being the boss is a cop out. Do it right or don't do it at all.

BTW Buddy and DJ are good guys and I like them. No hard feelings just laying it out there.

Got Boost?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slightly modded 01 F350 CC SB 4X4