CAC Squirters? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Cute and cuddly boys!

Send a message via Yahoo to mazdaparts
CAC Squirters?

I know it was on a gasser (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo) but it had washer nozzles mounted behind the lower grille that spray washer fluid on the intercooler. I traced the lines back to a secondary pump in the washer tank. I don't know what activated the pump. I'm guessing the computer did, but I didn't see any temp senders in the CAC, but it could have been in the IC pipe somewhere. My question is would there be enough benefit to attempt something like this on an IC as large as ours? And has anyone attempted it, with any measurable results? I'm new to turbo power but I haven't seen anything like this.

2002 F250 Crewcab Shortbed 4X4 Totaled 6/16/12
2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4

There are 2 rules to getting ahead.
Rule #1. Don't tell anyone everything you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 05:34 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
Re: CAC Squirters?

ive seen that a few times on the ricers. it just sprays fluid and thats about it. normally they just activate it by using the regular thing for spraying your windshield

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Village Idiot

the subie wrx had them more because the top mounts did not have the benefit of the fan etc..
you can do it but ...water injection in the motor is more efficient in our trucks. just don't add too much meth.

cspid is a good one to talk water to.

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 04:39 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

I have thought about adding some kind of exterior spray, but the volume of water required would be huge to make a differance, its bad enough to carry 8 gallons for the main water injection...

Might be good on the track or pulling???

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 05:03 PM
PSN Veteran

http://www.designengineering.com/pro...asp?m=sc&cid=1

Seems to be more for short bursts, but I have to wonder how well this would work for towing. Water injection is not much more and is proven.

2001 F350 CC LB 4X4
TN, AIS, DP 80hp, ITP boost elim, Magnaflow 4".
Tows the big white hauler.

When life gives you Lemons, throw them at the stupid people.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

I think at the track you would be promptly shown the exit after you intentionally sprayed liquid all over the place.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:22 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I think at the track you would be promptly shown the exit after you intentionally sprayed liquid all over the place.
If its a mist and not a stream I dont see an issue???

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Ricky Bobby

if it is a mist i would think that once it hit the IC it would vaporize, doing its job, leaving nothing to drip on the track.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaparts View Post
I know it was on a gasser (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo) but it had washer nozzles mounted behind the lower grille that spray washer fluid on the intercooler. I traced the lines back to a secondary pump in the washer tank. I don't know what activated the pump. I'm guessing the computer did, but I didn't see any temp senders in the CAC, but it could have been in the IC pipe somewhere. My question is would there be enough benefit to attempt something like this on an IC as large as ours? And has anyone attempted it, with any measurable results? I'm new to turbo power but I haven't seen anything like this.
the system is activated by a switch. they discontinued that system in later models.
they had two pumps on the washer bottle. it is much, much more effective as others have said, to just inject water into the intake charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
yep, any kind of fluid leaking off of your vehicle will get you tossed quick. that is why they actually use nitrous sprayed right out of the bottle at the track to cool the inner cooler off in between runs. what a waste of nitrous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSlack View Post
if it is a mist i would think that once it hit the IC it would vaporize, doing its job, leaving nothing to drip on the track.
it is not a mist, its a stream, just like your windshield washers. it will drip off.

02 dmax cc dually 4wd "miss piggy" tow bitch, afe pr7, magnaflow, Kennedy lift pump, dual rail mount filters, PPE tunes
00 f350 srw rc=6100lbs
ats comp housing,bdp 1.0 exhaust,afe pr7,4in turbo back magnaflow,hx cross,di regulated return,bbha,dp hi,40,80e,120r,6.oh no cooler autometer gauges, dual rail mount filters
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Laces Out

i think some of the sled pullers do that, seems as though it would work good. or maybe a compressed gas like nos or co2.

08' F250 4x4 w/ 3:55's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode