5R110 cooler lines on a 4R100? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

5R110 cooler lines on a 4R100?

Has anyone tried this. I was looking at my wife's X last night, and noticed that the tranny cooler lines look like 1/2" compared to my 3/8" lines.

I'm not sure if both lines use the same fittings, but if they do, it might be worth swapping. Seems like it would flow alot better.

99 F350 CCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Caption This

Re: 5R110 cooler lines on a 4R100?

The fittings are different where the line screws into the fitting and the threaded part that screws into the trans is different also. But you can take a set of 4r fittings and a set of 5r fittings and make a fitting that will work. You could also make them from scratch if you wanted to.

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
The fittings are different where the line screws into the fitting and the threaded part that screws into the trans is different also. But you can take a set of 4r fittings and a set of 5r fittings and make a fitting that will work. You could also make them from scratch if you wanted to.
I used the fittings at the radiator, and the made fittings at the tranny for -8. (I swapped out my stick, so I had to build everything.)

I think my setup turned out clean, but the rear tranny line is pretty close to the exhaust. (1/2") I used some silicone heat sleeve, and I'm sure it will be fine, but I was thinking about the 6.0 tranny lines as an option.

99 F350 CCLB

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 PM
RSP
livin the dream

They are not gonna help you any, The orifices in the trans are still the 4r100 size so it will only flow so much.

09 F-350 CC DRW 5" Flo-pro,SCT w/Edge CTS, S&B Intake.
97 F350 4X4 CR, Destroked Plates, BTS 4R100 w/pcs, DDP 38 lpm Nozzles, Dual CP3s, Custom age Head Studs, Fire Rings, II silver62 over S480.
79 F350 4X4 SC Lariat CTD, BTS 4R100, DDP 78lpm, Pias/480 combo. Columbus 900cc 13mm race pump
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to VanAackenBrosRacing

Its easier just to make new lines!

EMPIRE DIESEL PERFORMANCE OF DUBUQUE IA
Procharger kits for 6.0 and 7.3 powerstroke and LBZ/LMM NOW TAKING ORDERS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Procharger Cummins kit in R&D
Billet Camshafts w/Custom Firing Order for Duramax Smooths dmax harmonics to prevent #2 journal crankshaft failures in high HP builds.
Precision Turbos Custom 2.6, 2.8, 3.0 billet chargers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode