stage 1 splits vs big oil - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Fat Kids Rule!

Send a message via AIM to House
stage 1 splits vs big oil

what would give more hp, stage 1 splits that are basically stock injs with bigger nozzles or swamps gen 3 oil kit please don't bash the oil kit, or in matter fact just big oil in general. Both are same price pretty much, which is the better investment? some info on the truck there going on
2001 truck, Dp tunes, wicked wheel, ats housing, 1.0 exhaust housing, 10k mod, some trans work, 4inch down pipe, and 5 inch exhaust.

Joe "House" Kupferschmid
1995 F250 7.3 2.6 zf6 Puller
2006 Chevy 3500 CC DRW LBZ, Tow Slut
SOLD:2000 F350 harvester of sorrow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: stage 1 splits vs big oil

well stock AD's are oil thirsty to begin with, i sure wouldnt add larger nozzles on stock hpop. I would go with gen 3...

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 AM
utah get me two

you can run a 12k mot and dp tuner at the same time ????...im just giving my opnion here...but i think big oil squeezs more juice out of your stock injectores couple that with a fuel system and i feel that should come close to the injectors you want....but then you could go bigger sticks later....whereas..if you go with the sticks now...you will prolly need oil later....when the next phase of pms comes on you...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 AM

I saw about the same HP gain going from stock AD's to AD's w/nozzles and from that to big oil. The truck drove much better with big oil. Although if I didn't have to have a set of injectors and have them installed in a day and a half I wouldn't have wasted my money on another set of AD's, but I had to have 8 injectors that would all squirt fuel so......
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:33 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

IMO, its better to do big oil first, since you would have to get it to support the bigger injectors later. that way your not running an injector at a fraction of what it should be running at by not having big oil.

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PMRCM#1
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 AM
you want some of this?

Well, I'll be first to disagree. I say injectors first!
I have had both. The injectors made way more difference than the oil did on mine. Why?? Who knows, maybe my stock hpop was just one of the really good ones? Anyway, the injectors made a world of difference. Did them first, (beans stage two splits. basically the same as your talking about) Did oil later, because of a deal I couldnt turn down.
The oil helped , but not a huge amount. Mainly just a little smoother, and a little more on top. Most bang for the buck so far was def. injectors. And now, I got a question....why splits, not singles? I just got my 230cc singles back from bean and been playing around.....OMG!! Huge difference!
Just a little noisier than the splits, but only at idle. The power difference is unbelievable. If I had to do it over, I'd def. do a big single shot, detune till ready for more. Also, the singles are supposed to use less oil, so ...
In the amount of time it took to get the injectors back, Jody had my chip reburned for the singles, and back to me, and I had it all cleaned up and ready, including new valve springs. It took me longer to install the H2e than it did to do the whole injector/ valve spring/ chip swap.
Money well spent! I love driving this thing. It's like a whole new truck every time I mash the pedal. And I kinda like the rattle at idle the singles make.
MY .02 cent

2000 f-350 cc lb dually 4x4, BTS transmission
[email protected] 90 mph on MT mud tires and 8,000 #
coming soon--97 cc lb 4x4

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:23 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorris View Post
Well, I'll be first to disagree. I say injectors first!
I have had both. The injectors made way more difference than the oil did on mine. Why?? Who knows, maybe my stock hpop was just one of the really good ones? Anyway, the injectors made a world of difference. Did them first, (beans stage two splits. basically the same as your talking about) Did oil later, because of a deal I couldnt turn down.
The oil helped , but not a huge amount. Mainly just a little smoother, and a little more on top. Most bang for the buck so far was def. injectors. And now, I got a question....why splits, not singles? I just got my 230cc singles back from bean and been playing around.....OMG!! Huge difference!
Just a little noisier than the splits, but only at idle. The power difference is unbelievable. If I had to do it over, I'd def. do a big single shot, detune till ready for more. Also, the singles are supposed to use less oil, so ...
In the amount of time it took to get the injectors back, Jody had my chip reburned for the singles, and back to me, and I had it all cleaned up and ready, including new valve springs. It took me longer to install the H2e than it did to do the whole injector/ valve spring/ chip swap.
Money well spent! I love driving this thing. It's like a whole new truck every time I mash the pedal. And I kinda like the rattle at idle the singles make.
MY .02 cent
Damn! cant wait to get my hybrids back!

99 F-250-SOLD

2006 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition Quad Cab 4x4 SB, Smarty/Edge EZ, FBD 5" exhaust system HTT turbo...... and an Airdog 150 compliments of Charlie & Competition Diesel....more on the way.

502/960
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Oil then injectors... of those two...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:30 AM
War Pig

can't wait to get hybrids....

Chad

04 F350, CC, LB, 4X4 Fat Bottom Girl....Butt A$$ Stock

SOLD>>>'00 F250, DP-Tuner, 5" Straight Pipe, S&B intake, autometer, Racer X TC and VB, Full Force Stage 1, prepump/in-tank mod, Annihilator, 203*

ET: 5.024 250' Mud Track
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Fat Kids Rule!

Send a message via AIM to House

reason the splits is, i got a set sitting here is why, but i dont want to steer my buddy in the wrong direction, his goals is 400-450hp.

Joe "House" Kupferschmid
1995 F250 7.3 2.6 zf6 Puller
2006 Chevy 3500 CC DRW LBZ, Tow Slut
SOLD:2000 F350 harvester of sorrow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode