DIY injectors - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Proud PSN Sponsor

DIY injectors

While researching injectors, I came across www.diy-injectors.com. They have some good prices just wondered if anyone has done this and what kind of results they had and how difficult it was to modify your own injectors? I want to modify my AD splits into stage 2 singles.

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toll Free 866-379-8685
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 06:13 AM

Re: DIY injectors

I believe Gregrob got his injector parts from Rosewood, you might want to talk to him. I think he also had a bunch of pictures when he swapped the parts.

It's not really all that hard to take the injectors apart and reassemble them. It just like a big puzzle, just put the pieces in where they fit and then simply install. Biggest thing is to keep everything very clean.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 07:41 AM

Fire away with the questions

Converting your AD's to single stage 2's will cost a little more because you'll be paying for plungers and barrels, and nozzles.

If I were you I would skip the "Stage 2's" which would mean skipping the larger nozzles and keeping them stock.

Rather than a typical stage 2 (160cc) I decided to 180cc and keep the stock nozzle. Safer, IMO, on PMRs.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Irate Sales Guy

They are great! Jim is easy to get ahold of and answers your questions. I just changed mine a month ago and i love them, its nice being able to kow how they work on the inside.

97 F-250 CC 350/200's, Intercooler, Billet S468, T-4 mount, BTS trans, Irate Electric Fuel, BTS Dual Pumps, Water Meth, NOS, ARP studs, Comp 910 springs, Gearhead tuning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

503-435-9599 Call or Text!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 PM

As long as there are absolutly no issues or worn parts with your injectors you will likely be successful with them. There is a little more to it than "just put the pieces in where they fit and then simply install." There are parts that have to be put together properly and in the right order and need special tools to align properly. If you have any nozzles that are out of ballance there is absolutly no way to really be able to tell with out flow testing them which requires a flow bench. If you are confident in your mechanical ability and aptitude then it can be done. If you want to know that they are done correctly and have been tested for functionality and ballance have a fuel shop do them.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 09:57 PM

Yep, just like I said, put all the pieces in where they belong and it'll work fine. Then you simply install them into the truck. Sorry if you find that so complicated.

As for the nozzles, it'd be best to have a set of nozzles done by someplace like DDP. However I'm thinking his nozzes have been working without being matched for the life of the truck and they'll continue to do so if he wants. It's not the best, but it will work just fine.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Proud PSN Sponsor

Thanks that is the info I was looking for.. I did the DIY Stealth and didn't have a problem so I think I can probably handle this.. Curious how a stage 2 160cc singles work with my mods?

2002 Ford F350 Crewcab 4X4 SRW, Twin turbos
820 HP on 05/19/12

Toll Free 866-379-8685
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Village Idiot

now all you need is a diy tranny

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydog View Post
Thanks that is the info I was looking for.. I did the DIY Stealth and didn't have a problem so I think I can probably handle this.. Curious how a stage 2 160cc singles work with my mods?

I think they'll work great if it doesn't blow up.

I don't recommend big nozzles on PMRs
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
dag
who the what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrob View Post
I think they'll work great if it doesn't blow up.

I don't recommend big nozzles on PMRs

so how did you end up with 180cc?

02 F350 PSD Lariat CC

Guages, DI chip, TNBB air, AC's, 4in exhaust, big filter, fuel filter gone with a reg return, 4 inch leveling kit to fit 315 BFG's, other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode