ICP - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

ICP

How much is too much?

What pressures have been experimented with and with what results?

What's the sweet spot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Banned

Re: ICP

That-A-Boy

OH....and I guess I should go ahead and toss out 2800-3000 for reasons of injector stability, consistency and durability
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

OH....and I guess I should go ahead and toss out 2800-3000 for reasons of injector stability, consistency and durability

What kind of proof do you have of this?

I REALLY want to know, not nitpicking

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 AM
PSN Veteran

3800 here, for over a year. Still running strong.

3850 on the 95, will be running stronger(different injectors).
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

On The Flowbench :

Say, a 400cc injector. Say 4ms, 2500psi with a decent 5 holer....400cc's on the dot. 2600psi, 400cc's on the dot. 2800, 3000, 3200, 3400, yada yada yada.....400cc's everytime.

3600......... 220cc's..... 3650, 200cc's.......

My Injectors :

4ms, 2700psi, 248cc's like you drew the line across the beakers with a laser, Always .

4ms, 3000psi, 248cc's but you can start to see inconsistency of around 2 to 5cc's across the board. No longer laser perfect.

4ms, 3500psi.....Not 248cc's anymore. Maybe on a few, on the rest....maybe 230, maybe 220, maybe 240.....who knows.

On The Rollers :

With stock 7 holers, 2700psi....416rwhp. 28-3000psi, 414rwhp(basically no change). 3200-3400psi, 428rwhp. 3500 up to 3750ish......400 flat at best, and 300's at worst.

Even though the truck made an additional 12rwhp in the 3200-3400psi range, once taken apart the injectors were hurt. Wouldn't flow consistent at any pressure once back on the bench. Fuel plates were hosed. Literally eroded and had to be surface ground to be of use. They are now the same plates I use now after being ground back smooth again. I deemed the increase in power from the pressure insufficient to justify the demand on the rest of the systems. I now happily run 2700-2800ish and never look back.

And for those jumping out of their seat to explain that the "Tuning" wasn't right.... just what is "Tuning" going to change. And remember......you only have three things to choose from, Timing, ICP and Pulsewidth. That's it. There isn't anything else going in in that engine that tuning speaks for. So what did I neglect to change as well as changing the ICP that was going to unlock this additional power? Timing, or Pw?

Two Cents

BTW, capitolization is apparently disabled in some way at the moment.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Charles, please tell me your tests were in tuning and not ICP tricks/mods? Fooling the ICP sensor could show your results, IMO.

What I mean by tuning: All my Injection Pressure is commanded in tuning, by DP Tuner. NO ICP mods on any of my trucks.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:11 AM
PSN Veteran

i had best results with mine @ 3200-3300 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorEngineering View Post
Charles, please tell me your tests were in tuning and not ICP tricks/mods? Fooling the ICP sensor could show your results, IMO.
I dont understand how getting the icp up higher with tuning is any different than getting it up there by a 10k mod or similar. Isnt 3500 psi the same whether its tuned or 10k modded? Please explain why its different.

2013 ccsb 4x4-stock
99 ccsb 4x4- built to the hilt, wife's DD!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Banned

I requested an actual explanation in my last post for this nonsense in full anticipation of its coming.

Is it Timing, or Pulsewidth that you also feel should have changed?

Wich one? Cause all the voodoo mystery in the world, all the "special table" Tuning, the voodoo woman and the palm reading allllllllllllll comes down to

Timing...........................and Pulsewidth if ICP is already outside the control of the PCM.

So what happened to my truck Joey? Did the PCM get pissed and yank my timing, or my Pulsewidth? I know exactly what my ICP was so says the Mechanical Gauge. That only leaves you with two other options no matter what kinds of goat-testicle squeezing ritual, special table type Tuning you might otherwise like to Quote

Any why don't you run 4000psi? 4500? Can't get anymore oil to hold past the Blowing emergency relief ports?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

i dont understand how getting the icp up higher with tuning is any different than getting it up there by a 10k mod or similar. isnt 3500 psi the same whether its tuned or 10k modded? please explain why its different.

You and I both. And I for one, don't want to hear the words table, or map anywhere in it, lol.

And I almost forgot, when you turn 400cc injectors into 200cc injectors on the flowbench.....was that because I was tricking the ICP sensor, or was that bad tuning....

I forget, L O L
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:23 AM
PSN Veteran

Charles, first off, I'm not a tuner. That's why I use Jody for my tuning needs. My suggestion, call him! I won't guarraty he will share the info with you, but I have a few customers running 3800+ and they are quite happy. Ranging from stock AD's to large B codes. It works!

I haven't tried more then 3850 yet. I'll tell you this, the stock ICP sensor is only capable of reading so high. I bet you already know that though.

If you think there are only three tables in programming that can be seen or changed, keep looking.

As for the blow-offs, that's the easy part.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode