SRP1 enough for 300/200's? - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:36 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: SRP1 enough for 300/200's?

off the wall question, feel free to laugh, and this is aimed at tarms statement of dual pumps only supporting around a 200% nozzle. whats the ins and outs of running three stock pumps. i mean, as tarm said, it dont get more bullet proof than the stock pump, so why do ppl stop at 2, why not three?

some quick searching leads me to belive that the FL is about $400ish. you can pick up a additional stocker and the few extra fittings for much less. space and routing become considerations at this point, but should be totally doable.

so, why not? 3 should then give you the gph and pressure you would require at or over a 200%, for cheaper.

and im not asking cuz im trying to cobble something together, its more a thinking out loud.

on edit: oh, ya, tarm, you realize you cannot blame the weather any more, as its almost the end of MAY now, and there is no snow, no -10* cold, though maybe a little bit of rain.

2010 f350 srw lariat

Last edited by tree trimmer; 05-22-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: jab at tarm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 AM
PSN Newb

If you want to get a srp1 you better get on the waiting list. I've been waiting for mine since mid feb and I sent a core in up front.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
PSN Veteran

TT.

Its not dumb its logical. The only issue. Would be the extra plumbing costs and wiring them. Nothing terrible. From what I have found two will keep up with 200% but not 400%.

As for my engine upgrades. I had it done. It was all buttoned up and running. Even test drove and was expecting to take it on vacation to TN. But that was killed by the POS fuel lab pump. Jake who sold me the pump has been nothing but 110% helpful. I am now needing to call FL to see whats up. But leta justbsay between this and the other reported issues people have had I am not all up on the FL as the answer to relaible fuel pump for big hp systems. I have a very good friend that sent me a FASS 150 with a brand new pump so I could get back up and running. It should be here this week. When the Fl gets fixed if they will fix it without charging me something crazy I will combine both. I will drop the FASS fuel pressure from 70-75 psi down to 10 and use it as a lift pump for the fuel lab. Or I will plumb something up using the fl as a backup to the FASS. No matter thisnwek I should be on the road.

I already installed two new Die Hard Platinum P-2 group 65 batteries AGM tech(Absorbed Glass Matt). That supplies me with 1860 Cold Cranking Amps (0/30 seconds), 3000 Pulse Cranking Amps (0/3 seconds), 2140 Marine Cranking Amps (32/30 seconds), 2700 Hot Cranking Amps (80/30 seconds), 270 minutes Reserve Power(80/25amps), 148 Amps per Hour @ 20hr Rate, 130 Amps per Hour @ 10hr Rate, 2.0mΩ Internal Resistance, 5000amp x 2 Short Circuit Resistance.

As you can see these batteries are hard to beat and are "dry" so no venting or mounting orientation issues. I think I will get some van remote frame rail mounting boxes. Spray them with some thing like POR or other tough finish to prevent any rust. That will free up a good amount of space in the bay.

Other major need to do ASAP is to replace the OEM started for a high tq gear reducton starter. Was loking at the Mean Green brand as I have read very good things from those that have used them. But they ate not cheap. I think my current starter certainly put added stress on my battery system with the slower longer cranks. Never thought there was anything wrong until I heard a 7.3 start with one of.these types of starters. WOW!! Talk about spinning an engine over fast.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

yeah mine starts instantly with one of those starters. i can pretty much bump the key and start it.

Rick

2002 F250 CC LB - 5" lift, BTS, 4.10s+trutrac, 250/100s, studs, pushrods, dual springs, ITP RR, 2 SD pumps, Beans plenums, Balanced, Blueprinted and cryod bottom, ported heads, GH 1.5 cam, 4" Exhaust, 6.0 trans cooler

OTW- S366/s483 compounds, 20x10 black hostages + 37 13.50 toyos, fresh BTS, Live tuning, And maybe an srp 1.1
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Tarm were you running the FL only when it died? No lift pump?

00 f250 some stuff done always more to do.
Best advice I have seen on here "If you cant afford to build it right you certainly cant afford to build it twice"
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Yes only the FL. I was running it confirmed on reduced speed. My water sep is a dahl and just to be safe I even used the 30mic instead of the 2 mic filter. Infact bought it special just to be sure. But the testing Bob did and that was running a higher flownrate from a aeromotive showed comparatively very low vacuum from the dahl. Its a dahl 150 btw so plenty of flow.

This thing was loud too. The loudest pump I have ever heard. It was very lightly used by Jake and he found the same thing. Very loud!!! Infact he had it instaled and when he first used it had the same issue. Sent it in and it came back working but just as loud. I put it on my system which i had hand primed and it lasted maybe 15 mins. Still makes noise but zero pressure.

I could write this off as anyone can produce a lemon every now and then. But just recently another person got one that was doa. Marty has had a few IIRC that been extremely loud. A number of people have had to send theirs back to be repaired from failures. As far as I know most of these issues have been in the electronics not the mechanics of the pump. From the pump engeneering standpoint that shows its a solid pump but regardless of what fails you are stuck on the side of the road and the pump still has to go back. Better hope its not your only means of transport.

At this point if i had to choose one pump based on what I have read and use data it woukd be the aeromotive 1108 which is the marine and diesel version of the A1000. I would run it with a sump and likely want to use the voltage module to control pump speed. Even then I think I would have a sd pump plumbed in parallel on a hobbs switch or the like triped by fuel pressure. Anything below 45 and it comes on. That way it would not let me run dry as if thats at a good icp or for any amount of time your injector barrels and plungers will likely get trashed. I am just lucky mine failed right on my road and I was still babying it as the engine was still cold. You could alos put it on a switch or both for that matter.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by co04cobra View Post
645hp 2980 psi 38%DC. Live tuned at beans with their 300/200s.
That is awsome man. I cant wait to start my build. Motor is on the stand and ready for its surgery. I hope to have good numbers,hopefully as good as yours. Still trying to decide on a few more parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode