Need chips for a fleet of trucks - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
THOMPSON13

Re: Need chips for a fleet of trucks

I think what I might do is give him my superchips and order a custom tune for my truck since I have done a few mods and something custom would make me feel better. So lets do this... I have a 2000 7.3 with 250,000 miles. a built road ripper trany with 80,000 miles, 4" exhaust to 5" stacks, 4" lift running 35s (not sure if lift and tire size matter but if it does I'll be going to 8" and 40's soon) I havnt done alot to the motor since I have had the truck so I'm not sure what has been done inside it. It looks like the turbo has been replaced as well as the water pump. Ive done the mod where you cut out inside the grill to force direct air into the air filter/battery box. I dont pretend to be a diesel expert so I'll take all the "dumba55" comments with a grain of salt! ha Oh yeah, I dont know what to call it but it has this "oil fooler" 5 position dial deal. Makes the engine think its not getting enough oil and pushes more? idk Keep laughing as you read... The egr (i think it is) has also been removed. Its the probe that goes into the left side after the turbo, I removed it and hooked up the boost gauge in its place. I've also added the xhpop line. I've installed a Boost/Pyro/Tranny and Oil Pressure gauge if that matters.
I BELIEVE this is all so.... who do I give that info to to get a custom chip/tunes?
PS... I dont ever pull anything. Occasionally I'll haul lumber in the bed but thats about it. I currently have a superchips tuner that has something like performance, stock, fuel saver, tow and tow performance. I put it on fuel saver months ago and havent touched it. I'm pretty much looking for something that has performance, fuel saver, tow and smoke a dodge out! haha

WATCH THIS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
THOMPSON13

Quote:
Originally Posted by old96stroker View Post
Wet pavement, I have a edge ez you can have for free, no strings attached just give me address and the money to ship it and it is yours, nothing wrong with it I. Am just going a diff direction and it is so simple nobody wants it, let me know man.
hey man that sounds like a deal to me! Forgive my ignorance but is it a plug and play? All I have ever used is this SuperChips and I'm pretty stupid when it comes to the rest. I've heard of things having to be reburned or whatever. If this will work for me the way you send it, then by all means. Give me a paypal address and let me know what you want for shipping. Thats really cool of you

WATCH THIS
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:02 AM
No 6.0

Chipping a company truck is a terrible idea. They're on the same level as rental cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpavement View Post
Oh yeah, I dont know what to call it but it has this "oil fooler" 5 position dial deal. Makes the engine think its not getting enough oil and pushes more?
I've never ever heard of one of those...

Quote:
The egr (i think it is) has also been removed.
7.3s don't have EGR

Quote:
Its the probe that goes into the left side after the turbo, I removed it and hooked up the boost gauge in its place. I've also added the xhpop line. I've installed a Boost/Pyro/Tranny and Oil Pressure gauge if that matters.
Uh, that probe on the left side of your turbo (as you face the truck) is your downpipe, where it sounds like somebody improperly installed a EGT probe. You shouldn't have installed a boost fitting there either, as that's not where you read boost from...

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust, DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, Few leaves added here and there, 35" BFGs, 16x10 Eagle Alloys, Alpine W200

SLAPS Member #153

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:12 AM
PSN Newb

Yeah it plugs in under the hood into a sensor for I believe some form of oil pressure. It is called a pressure box. From what I am told. It does have some adjustability with moving some jumpers around, ibelieve 50-80 hp but it takes some doing, just go to the website to figure it all out. Pm me and I will get contact info, I don't have a paypal account.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:10 AM
dmd

WetP, you have no idea what you are talking about do ya.. ... I hope you are just being funny with that explanation...

I believe the first is a boost fooler that limits the boost to the MAP

7.3 = no EGR, maybe the crankcase vent you are referring to?

That probe was probably the IAH...

Fuel = power, it is hard to get better milage and keep power unless you do more mods and have a very lite foot... Mods cost more $$ and paid drivers rarely have a lite foot. Very hard to recover the cost of any upgrade in fuel savings.

Added power to 7.3 and you will probably need to remove the muffler and a better breathing intake. Then it will probably turbo surge and you will need a WW or ported housing, and probably a trans valve body to save the trans....

For a 6.0 look to delete the EGR and get head studs

6.4 and you will will window the block .. These things keep mechanics in business.

Better for a business for keep them stock I feel. The reliability will be worth much more than the minimal or no savings with the mods. Broke down trucks dont tow at all.

'00 F350 Supercrewzer Lariet, PSD, Auto, 3.73, CC, 4x4, SWB, SRW, 160/30 w/Gearhead Tunes, 38r, S&B CAI, 4-inch turbo back exhaust, Adrenaline HPOP, BTS Trans, in-tank/pre-pump mod, heater/AC mod, Excursion sound panels, Harvest Gold and Black / Packages: Trailer Tow, Camper, Off-Road.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
I think what I might do is give him my superchips and order a custom tune for my truck since I have done a few mods and something custom would make me feel better. So lets do this... I have a 2000 7.3 with 250,000 miles. a built road ripper trany with 80,000 miles, 4" exhaust to 5" stacks, 4" lift running 35s (not sure if lift and tire size matter but if it does I'll be going to 8" and 40's soon) I havnt done alot to the motor since I have had the truck so I'm not sure what has been done inside it. It looks like the turbo has been replaced as well as the water pump. Ive done the mod where you cut out inside the grill to force direct air into the air filter/battery box. I dont pretend to be a diesel expert so I'll take all the "dumba55" comments with a grain of salt! ha Oh yeah, I dont know what to call it but it has this "oil fooler" 5 position dial deal. Makes the engine think its not getting enough oil and pushes more? idk Keep laughing as you read... The egr (i think it is) has also been removed. Its the probe that goes into the left side after the turbo, I removed it and hooked up the boost gauge in its place. I've also added the xhpop line. I've installed a Boost/Pyro/Tranny and Oil Pressure gauge if that matters.
I BELIEVE this is all so.... who do I give that info to to get a custom chip/tunes?
PS... I dont ever pull anything. Occasionally I'll haul lumber in the bed but thats about it. I currently have a superchips tuner that has something like performance, stock, fuel saver, tow and tow performance. I put it on fuel saver months ago and havent touched it. I'm pretty much looking for something that has performance, fuel saver, tow and smoke a dodge out! haha
You have a ICP mod... fancy 10k...

You have a superchips tuner

You have deleted the intake air heater...

And you have some gauges.

The Edge EZ that was offered to you is also a fancy 10k mod, you dont need it.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Village Idiot

I'd chip all of mine, no start , 70 mph valet at least maybe a mild mpg tune, something with good shifts but like a 40 hp tow tune. And stock. Maybe combine the 40 and 70 mph valet..or bump it to 75.

Fleet trucks are still the liability of the owner.

Course depends on the fleet of drivers...Are they decent or idiots etc

Early 99 f350 4x4 crew cab, auto. pmt2 pcm
2001 cup holder ,T500, MAX AC ASSIST AC mod, Diy Twin tymar, TS chip, Powerslots & Hawk pads, ford AIC, ..... with big fat want to list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode