Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Hydra installed. Now truck has miss at idle after putting engine under a load.

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  kennethpeyton97 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 f250 automatic 7.3. The truck has 200,000 miles. The mods include: 6637 intake, straight pipe exhaust, and now a php hydra.
The issue I’m having only happens when the hydra is installed on the truck. When putting the engine under a load (~2000 rpm) for more than about 5 seconds and letting off the throttle the truck begins to “miss” or search for idle. The longer the truck is under a load and the higher the rpm the worse this issue gets. It will stall out sometimes while searching for idle. I have noticed when the truck is searching for idle I notice the dash lights dimming and getting brighter as it is searching.
I can not make the truck repeat this issue in the stock setting.
What I have done this far: First I contacted PHP, and the chip was sent in and tested good. I have installed a known good IPR, good ICP, new batteries, new alternator, cleaned both the EBPV sensor, tube, and connection points on the the truck. The truck was hooked up to a snap on scan tool and the only code was a P0476 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Perform.
Anyone ever have this issue or know what it might be? Thanks

#2 ·
I would get some sort of monitoring device. Like torque pro or car gauge and watch you icp pressure. Also might want to check fuel pressure too. You will need to buy an adapter for the fuel bowl.

#4 ·
I havent heard of any issues like this. But the more I think about it the more I think it's a fuel pressure issue. Turn up the power the more fuel you use and you can have issues. I would change the fuel filter and Google hutch mod.

#6 ·
I was able to get some ICP and IPR numbers today.

ICP voltage @ idle: 0.75-0.85 volts
ICP voltage @ 2500-3000 rpm rev: 2.75 volts

IPR % @ idle: 11-12 %
IPR % @ 2500-3000 rpm rev: 21%

How do these numbers sound?

#13 ·
Most often PHP piggy back clip is not connecting on all circuit connections. make them clean (no silicone). Don't brush through copper. Run truck in park, switch through tunes.What happens? Rough idle , engine dies, high idle? play with connection to PCM. Hunting idle , engine dying- look at pcm code entered. Try "Tony Wildman" 7.3 tunes. Affordable and aggressive-fuel sipper to Hammer down..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.