2001 f350 7.3 PCM ? Wiring? Nobody knows - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2001 f350 7.3 PCM ? Wiring? Nobody knows

So I have been dealing with this for a while and nobody including Ford knows or has ever heard of this issue or symptom and cant diagnose if it doesn't happen while in the shop. I am at a loss of what to do , HELP any ideas or if another Ford owner has ever had this happen please reply. SYMPTOM ; Seems to happen after driving for a couple hours and especially when pulling travel trailer or a load, driving along and running fine all of a sudden no power or pedal, while coasting put into neutral engine still running , rev engine back into drive and goes again, will keep doing this randomly for as long as keep driving and after sitting overnight then does it all over again. Doesn't seem to do it while only driving locally an hour or less. I have had the accelerator pedal replaced, the cam sensor replaced, and couple years ago an injector and the injector module replaced.
Diesel mechanic thinks it is the PCM , cant find one anywhere due to rare California emissions and was going to send to SIA Electronics to rebuild but after talking to tech he didn't think it was PCM ECM problem, said try reprogramming PCM or checking wiring under valve covers, talked to another mechanic says could be wire chaffing probably not reprogramming but very expensive to start chasing wires , said to drive till it gets really bad or leaves me stranded then bring it in ?!!

I Have searched the internet and talked with a lot of people regarding this and no body has ever heard of this which i cant believe another 2001 F350 7.3 diesel 4X4 truck owner or mechanic / tech has never heard of this before or they are totally baffled ! Anyone ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 03:21 AM
PSN intsigator

Re: 2001 f350 7.3 PCM ? Wiring? Nobody knows

Sounds like a loose plug on the IPR

96 F350 rclb drw 2wd psd (built not bought)
01 Excursion Limited 4wd psd (the wifes ride)
02 F350 cclb drw 4wd psd (the land yacht)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in