Rough idle upon startup, long crank - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Rough idle upon startup, long crank

Hello, this is my first post on PSN. I’ve been chasing my tail on this one forever but nobody seems to have my exact situation.

I have a 2002 F250 7.3 with a new jasper engine with 25k, and a built trans with 20k. I’ve got stage 1.5 injectors, a KC 66mm turbo, afe intake, a TS 6 pos chip, and an air dog 2 165 gph lift pump.

almost every time I start the truck, warm or cold and no matter the tune, it seems to idle moderately rough for about 8 seconds or less. Then it smooths out. In the mornings there’s a good amount of white smoke, sometimes it’ll take a few extra cranks to start up. Sometimes fuel pressure will jump from about 55 to 65 for no reason before it starts.

Things I’ve done:
Checked resistance to all glow plugs, within spec
Checked gpr voltage, within spec
Replaced pickup foot at the bottom of the tank
Riffraff gold spring kit for fuel pressure reg.
Just Changed fuel filter in bowl and on pump

I called the shop that did all the work on the truck and he said a truck with the caliber of injectors this one has it’s normal for a rough idle for a few seconds on startup. It’s my first diesel, so I’m not sure if that’s typical or not.

Injector cups, o rings, glow plugs, tuner, HPOP, I don’t know. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode