Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Injector cups

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  zamboni 
#1 ·
Bought all new injectors and a tuner, took apart passenger side first, back to front, and the front injector I noticed a small dot of fluid (not oil) on the brass end, took a inspection light and looked into the hole and there is what appears to be coolant visibly seeping out of the cup, I opened this up like 6 months ago an I don't think it was like that, so I'm guessing my cup is cracked, for the actual question, kinda short on time and money, can I buy one cup or will I have to change them all? Also the coolant bottle has black residue inside it. The coolant itself looks good though.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
10/4 I'll change the one over for now, maybe make an order off rosewood at a later date for the rest of the cups/tool, could've been leaking very long, can't see any fuel in the coolant at all, it always had that black residue on the bottle though.

#8 ·
I used the RiffRaff cup remove/install tool, rented from Bitterroot Diesel, a few weeks ago. That thing is a dream to use and worth every penny, but i'd definitely go ahead and do the others, since you're already paying for the tool.

Don't forget to get the special fancy loctite 620 that goes on the new cups when pressing them in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.