Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

still leaky up pipes

781 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Adrian Smith 
#1 ·
Hi All
I know this has been talked about but not the issue I am having. I had original up pipes, the leaked I replaced them with a pair of Dorman 679-005 Turbocharger Up Pipes. They were much better but after a while I noticed they were still leaking some. So I got them warrantied and replaced with another set. These are leaking too. I cleaned the connection area really well before installing. Not sure what to do. Thinking some sort of gasket like a liquid gasket or something. Not sure, any ideas would be appreciated

#2 ·
Where are they leaking, at the turbo Y collector or at the manifolds? Or where the band clamp goes on the collector to turbo? Some Amazon reviews note that the mating surfaces at the turbo are not machined well. Also, when you assembled everything did you get everything loosely bolted up first, including the manifold bolts, before you tightened it all? This helps to assure everything is lined up properly.

#4 ·
Dorman has been known to put out sub-par products, especially for our 7.3's. Buy some nice bellowed up pipes, they eliminate the problematic donut, and they are still relatively inexpensive. RiffRaff and Dieselsite both make high quality ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.