7.3 swapped obs dually - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 7.3 swapped obs dually

Alrighty, Iíve seem to have run into a slight issue with the swap, my lucky a$$ just so happened to pull the wiring pcm idm and cluster from a 02 7.3 powerstroke. With..... wait for it.... the wonderful Ford PATS system. Iíve read everywhere and dug into the deep web and still have not come across anything for bypassing this I know that there is a way. Because thereís always a way with everything. No I do not have the keys or the ignition barrel. Iím not 100% sure if I can just buy the ignition barrel/ key and plug it into the PATS system and reprogram the key to it. I know everyone says you ďhave to have 2 keys to program anymore.Ē But like anything thereís always a way around it if anyone has dug deep into the PATS system and can give any advice that would be greatly appreciated for I am unaware with Ford version of anti theft. And Iím not going to take a swapped truck to a ford dealership and try to explain to them that itís a 02í super duty motor and 90í body I worked a dealership and let me tell you. There actually is a whole new level of stupid. (Not directed towards everyone that works at a dealership)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:33 PM

So my opinion is to cut your losses with the 02 harness and sell it. Buy a harness from an obs 94.5-97. Swap everything into the cab and make it look 100% original. You might be able to get the obs harness to run the current trans. Your trying way to hard to over complicate thing.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbluke55 View Post
So my opinion is to cut your losses with the 02 harness and sell it. Buy a harness from an obs 94.5-97. Swap everything into the cab and make it look 100% original. You might be able to get the obs harness to run the current trans. Your trying way to hard to over complicate thing.

I guess Iím not truly understanding this, from my understand the obs 7.3 powerstroke engine harness will not run the new style motor. The harness is different and they use the old style fueling system. And the new style 7.3 powerstroke uses an electronic fueling system controlled by the pcm. Unless I am wrong.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Native Texan

Garage

There are ways to run the electric pumps with obs systems people do it all the time. u just have to add a circuit for it.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.
the_frosty_dually likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgrades:
|Bellowed UpPipes|160CC Injectors|Adrenaline HPOP|Rebuilt Turbo 360 Bearing|Custom E-Fuel|Manual to Auto Conversion
|Delete Pedestal|3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust|Dual Tensioner and Belt|Stainless Steel HPX Crossover|Custom Banks InterCooler
|42 Gal Rear Tank 35 Gal Front Tank |DP Infinity Tuner
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:18 PM

All you have to do to make the obs harness work with a superduty motor is to swap the uvch's. There is also write up on how to convert the obs harness to run superduty uvch's. Then while your googling search out obs e fuel.

The only issue I see is the split shot injectors but you can flash the computer to run them.

01 f-250, Standard
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:20 PM

https://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo.../topics/514017

How to convert your uvch

01 f-250, Standard
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I think that is a great idea tapping into an obs harness converting the uvch over and running it, being able to keep it all ďstockĒ would be amazing. Iíve done some reading here and there and found a little bit of a better plan,
1. I will be using a 4r100 4wd trans instead of a e40d 2wd trans, (I am aware there may need to be driveshaft fabricating)
2. The wiring will be used from the powerstroke and I will work things out with that, I have found out the computer is an aftermarket computer not oem and it does have a chip in it. At this moment I do not remember the chip name. So I believe the pats system was removed when the previous owner of the harness put a different computer in it. (Still unaware of the pats system) I will run the powerstroke cluster and tuck it under the dash with some zip ties. (only because it has communication with throttle peddle. Tap into the powerstroke cluster wiring and run it all over to the obs cluster. The only thing I will not have is a speedometer. Unless I can rig something up.
I appreciate everyoneís comments and breaking these things down for me helping me on the best route to take. I will keep updating as the project continues.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I would like to share with everyone (that doesnít already know like me) that the powerstroke throttle peddle and obs throttle peddle is a direct bolt in swap. Peddle goes all the way to the stopper so I will not be lacking peddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode