Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Not sure if I like how my cylinders look,

673 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Mrconrad77 
#1 ·
So I've been busy lately, working on the truck every couple of days, finally pulled the passenger side head today and although I don't see any signs of erosion on the head gasket, on cylinder 5 the gasket looks damaged. I thought at first that I did it while pulling the head, however you can see the impression on the head matches up to the deformation idk, odd. Anyway im not sure I like how the cylinders look, anyone care to give me their opinion? Also attaching a pic of the cracked injector cup on number 7 cylinder. Auto part Circle Metal
Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Tire Rim

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The cylinder wall is blued it got so hot. That exhaust valve also looks torched. Hard to tell from pics but it looks like you may have a scored piston too by the marks on the cylinder wall. IMO pull that motor and overhaul it. You may need another block depending how bad that cylinder is

#4 ·
I'm actually going to try and get the block out today, I talked to a machine shop, I wont really know until he checks it out, going to cost me about 700. To have the block and heads machined. Honestly not sure if its cost effective to do that or just buy a remanufactured long block. But I'll probably post up some more pics as I get the block out.

I don't feel anything in the cylinders as far as scoring but it certainly looks like some scratches where the metal got soft idk. Surprised I still see the cross hatch in the cylinders with over 500k on the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.