Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

High pressure oil problem

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sawyer 
#1 ·
Working on a 2000 7.3 with 220,000 miles on it.

I replaced all 4 injectors on driver side bank. Started it up and drove it for 20-30 miles then it died. It had a lack of power and white smoke same as before injectors were replaced. It will crank but will not start. It will build 350 ICP pressure at most. I plugged one high pressure oil line and but a gauge on the other and will build a little over 3000 psi. If I Hook up the hpop to either head and leave the other one plugged I can get it to build 3000 psi. But when hooked to both heads it still will only build 350.

I have AE and a mechanical gauge during testing.
I have swapped a ICP with a good running truck with no change.
HPOP Reservoir is always full.
Swapped IPR with another one I had laying around.

Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I tested it and the heads and at the pump both just to be sure. The IPR I used is not know to be working but was tore down cleaned and put new O-rings on it. I swapped the solenoid from the new one and the old one onto the newer IPR with the same thing. My scanner says the IPR duty cycle stays at 14% then while craking will get to 65% and thats when it will build pressure while cranking but not before that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.