PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Tearing into the 6.7!
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:20 PM
boostfed
Do Work!

Send a message via AIM to boostfed
Re: Tearing into the 6.7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Dumb question time:

Are those holes (with the rags in them) above the valley/heads the intake? I always heard about the reverse flow and valley mounted exhaust manifolds, but then always wondered if the intake switched and was down on the sides (ya know, reverse flow and all)
Yes they are the intake ports. The valve covers on these motors are also the intake manifold in a sense.

After taking this thing apart, i can honestly say its my least favorite to work on, and I haven't started putting it back together. The turbo inlet pipes from the manifolds were a serious PITA coming apart. Anyone who is looking into diving into theirs, I'll say one thing. This thing is not like the 6.0/6.4/7.3. Theres soo much plastic, be very delicate. I already owe aaron $50+ in stuff that I touched wrong or just barely leaned on. Its much like Ford's modern gassers with the only metal under the hood being the block.... Hope an upgraded intake will soon be availible, I cant see this plastic intake with Rubber gaskets liking heat and boost a whole lot.

Ford Master Diesel Certified
6.7 6.4 6.0 certified

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(919) 383-9300 OR Toll-Free # 1-866-757-6537

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome