PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - B&W hitch install time?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
JimTJr
PSN Veteran

Re: B&W hitch install time?

Hehe, no, it's in. Took less than 3 hours with several breaks, and dinner in there. Just took my time. Fretted a little when I couldn't get the bed loose, (with a 3/8" drive ratchet and T50 socket) Finally used my impact and zoooom they loosened up so easily it wasn't funny. (I was sure it would break the T50) Anyway, after loosening the bed, the install went fine. As you said I believe, the bed was already marked perfectly. I used a long bar across the bed rails and ratchet strap to hold the hitch center section up, after sliding the front and rear cross members into place, bolted everything loosely up and then tightened it. Looks like a professional install for sure!

As "Semomotorsports" said above, It was just a little difficult to get the center section up over the tank and the exhaust at the same time. (Worried about all the tubes/wires on the tank sending unit!) WHAT a rats nest!
After enough work it was in place. I had it lay up there loosely then hooked the ratchet straps to the locking pin and tightened it up to the bed in the hole.

*48* Jim T. 2011 F-350 Lariat, CC, LB, SRW. White Platinum Metallic Tricoat. Black leather seats, I probably wont have*PMS,, with this one, at least no major attacks of it!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome