Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

red tube on wastegate

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  scheidt27 
#1 ·
I have read about this before but don't remember. If I put a non-wastegated housing on my 01 what do I need to do with the red tube going into the wastegate?

Thanks,
Ted

#5 ·
It starts to vent boost at 5-7 psi... All be it a small amount but...

You dont need the whole works, remove the green line that goes to the intake, plug that whole. Remove the red line that goes to the Y pipe, plug it. Unplug the controler, and remove the whole thing.;)

#11 ·
For the controler? Yes, thats what I have and then the controler is sitting in the shop somewhere.

#12 ·
All the tubes and crap went in the trash long ago, but I left the little solenoid plugged in, it just gets a free ride in the valley 24-7 along with the ebp sensor and a few other non-desirables.

#14 ·
mines been gone for a long time as well... it went in the garbage over the weekend. i plugged the y pipe and all is well. next step is to wire the waste gate shut to keep it from possibly overriding the 220xxx mile actuator... who knows how good that spring still is.

#16 ·
Green one is a vent tube I believe, or a intake pressure... Not sure, but you have to loose all or nothing.

#18 ·
dont know if tests have been done on it.. but it will just not allow your wastgate to open and bleed off pressure. now thats not to say it cant just open on its own with only boost pressure if the spring in the canister is weak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.