PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Boosted Launch???
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 05:50 PM
farm boy
A Ghost these days...

Re: Boosted Launch???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD View Post
I am going to run my truck at houston raceway park here in a week or two. And i was needing some advise due to the fact that i have never run at a drag strip before.
How much boost do i launch with?
Do i launch in 2wd or 4wd?
Any sugestions will be highly apriciated.
thanks in advance
Not sure if you have heard, but a bunch of Diesel Guys from the area try to meet at HRP on the first Friday of every month to race, and BS.

Someone will usually start a thread in the Texas/Louisiana Forum section the week of the meet. Next time should be Nov. 5th weather permitting. Hope to see you out there.

BTW: Boosted launch all the way. Spool it up to around 10-15 psi and let her rip....

Its always a good idea if you are a newb racer to stand next to the track at the tree and watch a few cars run. Watch what they do and how they stage. Better than pulling up to the tree not knowing what to do and embarrassing yourself. Good Luck.

2002 F-250 4X4 Flatbed

~Cryo'd Forged Rods ~Comp 910's ~DI Push Rods ~ARP Studs ~IH Up-pipes ~GTP38R/1.15 ~238/80's ~Fuelab ~Built Auto ~Matt's Tunes ~Water Inj. ~Gooseneck Brand Flatbed

Rockin' Out with some help from: Alpine / Rockford Fosgate / Memphis / Infinity

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome