PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - View Single Post - Dropping my '11 Dually
View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
KrisHorton
Cars by Kris

Send a message via AIM to KrisHorton
Re: Dropping my '11 Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
Wow man, you're stand up in my book.

So what else is happening with the truck beside wheels? I really love the way the fenders look on there... Looks like a hot rod.

Are you going all black? Or keeping a lot of the chrome??
Thanks man. To sum up what we're doing to this truck I would probably just say "everything."

I haven't released the renderings just yet, but here is some of the stuff we have in the works:

-Custom lower valance/air splitter

-Custom size exhaust with a hybrid side skirt/step

-Roll Pan in the rear

-Modified Street Scene Big Boy rear flares (08-10 style, but modified)

-Custom tonneau cover

-Dechrome of the whole truck. All brightwork will either be painted body color,
accent color, or made satin

-24" wheels, powdercoated to match the color scheme of the truck

-Nitrous Express Nitrous kit and Snow Performance Water/Meth

-16" Wilwood brakes with brackets by TCE

-Custom reupholstered interior including seats, pillars, headliner, console, and armrests

-Complete Rockford Fosgate soundsystem

-Fully custom bed, purpose built to service a racecar/track toy (details coming on that soon)

And a bunch more. Simply put: it's a SEMA Show truck. But we're building this one with purpose in mind and not just making it look flashy. The finished truck should look and run like a locomotive. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm building it to show that diesels can be considered modern hot rods. The horsepower grudge match between GM and Ford is a prime example I think and not to mention these trucks are just awesome.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome