Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Upgraded Fuel Pressure Spring

9K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Younger1993 
#1 ·
Where can i get one of these Upgraded Fuel Pressure Spring in town San Antonio Tx. will it make a diffrence on performance and mpg. Its for my 03 6.0

#3 ·
You can order one here Tousley Ford Parts Depot or get one from Ford it will help your injectors because under 45lbs at WOT kills them so performance yes mpg ? no.
2 stroker:fordoval:

#5 ·
i did mine last night, you just have to loosen and move the pipe above in and loosen the degas cap to relieve any pressure on the radiator hose.
make sure you remove and replace fuel filter because when you take the fuel line off, it would leak....all in all it wasn't too bad, getting that plastic pipe removed from the fitting on the top of the motor was a bitch though.
if i can do it, you can too.

#6 ·
Anyone have a part # to this kit? Called ford today and got a super duper parts person

#12 ·
While your fooling around with the new regulator spring, you should go ahead and invest in the 6.4 banjo bolt mod too. This is another easy replacement. Whats a BB at the stealership... $20?

#21 ·
:eek: Well i'd hope so!:eek:

#22 ·
Thanks for the great posts. My FP is 50psi and WOT is around 42psi. So I am definately going to do this upgrade. Thanks again!!

#23 ·
mine was at like 47 idle and would run at almost 44 and a hard WOT it would hit 42 easily on a very light HP tow tune. I cant imagine what it was doing in my extreme street file. Did the spring and idle is 68 and drops to 60 WOT on same tow tune and on extreme street seen it tuck down close to 52 on a hard spike from mashing the pedal at slow speed and it recovered very fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.