EGR block plate - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Stupid Kid

EGR block plate

Me and my buddy are thinking about getting block plates for our 06 truck I was just seeing if anyone has done this and if they thought that is was worth doing. Mine is not puking and never has(and would like it to never puke) but does not have a chip yet and my buddies has elite tunes and pukes a ton, but only with the tunes loaded, but it wont puke with out tunes or even with the tow tune. So was it worth it. did it work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Re: EGR block plate

I have a buddy that had a plug built for his 05 when it had a 6 leaker in it. I will PM you his # he is a good guy . You can call him now . I know the redneck bastard is awake till all hours.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Carolina Kracker

i put one in my truck last week. was kind of a pain. i had no trouble with puking, but i wanted to be safe.

I am not post whoring, I am providing an over abundance of useless opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 F-350 Lariat CC SB with 6.0
Zoodad, K&N intake, Acufab elbow, MBRP 4" 409 turbo back, SCT tuned by Innovative Diesel, Dual front shock mounts, front add a leaf, eagle wheels with nitto 305 70 16s. 5% tint, linex liner and upgraded audio and video inside

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Sponsor

on the 04.5 - 07 u want to change the whole tube because it has a scoop inside that directs flow to the cooler. If u just put a block off plate then u will be loosing pressure to ur turbo.

Elite-Diesel.com
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Diesel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via Yahoo to Sean

The tube is pricey

I am just enjoying a leak free existence right now and want to keep it that way.

2006 F-350 4x4 King Ranch
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Sponsor

i dont see y you couldnt just take the up-pipe off and rip the scoop out, and then put a plate in there.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
PSN Newb

You can. Takes a little cutting and welding, but fairly simple operation. Or you can get a freeze plug and drive it instead of the plate. We cut the scoop section out of mine and welded a piece of pipe over the hole. Cut the flange off the removed scoop section, capped it (it has to be short), and clamped the flange back on the end of the egr cooler, or you can drive a freeze plug in it to keep whatever out of the EGR cooler.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Torque Monger

Becareful doing the homemade remedy. I know of a now-former Ford tech. would tried to do that behind the dealers back for his customer and it ended up filling up the guy motor with antifreeze from the EGR cooler. BE CAREFUL.

04 Harley Edition Black, 8" lift, Toyo 38's, Weld Cheyanne rims, intake, exhaust, SCT tuned by Eric, Bully Dog Outlook Monitor, Full SunCoast Tranny setup, a stereo system, triple guages, sunroof, 2005 Harley Headlights, and 03 Turbo. pics..

DON'T MESS WITH A DIESEL IF YOU'RE ON A BICYCLE!!

Last edited by 1SickHarley; 08-17-2007 at 05:16 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 AM
PSN Newb

If done right you don't even touch the EGR cooler except to unclamp it from the exhaust tube and clamp the cap back on. Sounds like the former ford tech wasn't much of a tech or didn't know how to correctly do the mod. I will agree, however, if in doubt then consult an expert and get it done correctly.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SickHarley View Post
Becareful doing the homemade remedy. I know a now-former Ford tech. would tried to do that behind the dealers back for his customer and it ended up filling up the guy motor with antifreeze from the EGR cooler. BE CAREFUL.

Harrison..you need to get your facts straight. The heads on that truck were cracked and ford wouldn't warranty the heads because of the rings that 'someone' installed. It had nothing to do with the EGR block off plate.

Talk what you know and know what you talk.

He isnt a former employee either! And thats not why he got fired.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode