SCT Tuning and cruise control - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
PSN Been daer dun it!

SCT Tuning and cruise control

Hey Powerstroke family! I put up a thread earlier about swapping from my Superchip programmer to an SCT. Seems most owners are for the SCT. Many suggested it also better on my transmission. Being I have never had any issues with my Superchips..None...No codes. The only thing I see in the SCT reviews is an issue with the cruise control disengaging very hard. Please inlighten me!!! I plan on the SCT with a coolant filter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: SCT Tuning and cruise control

Never had any CC issues with my SCT. Maybe they are talking canned tunes, I've only run custom.

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke View Post
Never had any CC issues with my SCT. Maybe they are talking canned tunes, I've only run custom.
nope, with custom tuning when u touch the brake pedal to disengange my cruise it feels like u hit a big dog haha, just a small jolt no big deal just somthin u gotta live with on some of them

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Reppin' the 6.4L

Mine did it real bad with Vivian's Looney tunes, but not at all with Eric's Xtreme Street tunes. I guess some have it figured out, and some don't. :dunno:

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
RWx4

Send a message via AIM to ImNachenSein1160

Mine does that as well with any SCT tune. Usually what I do is when im getting ready to slow down, Throttle just above RPM on cruise, Shut it off then let of the petal. Smooth as butter. Small price to pay for what seems to me to be a great product. I can speak from experience saying that SCT stands behind their product and does what it takes to take care of you.

2004 F-350 DRW 6.0L 5SpDauto Lariat LE
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Or "coast" then "off".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
PSN Local

good to know, will try when I get back to St-louis, cause I have Eric's xtreme street tune and when I hit the brake it fell more like I hit a really large dog!

05 F250 XLT
SCT with IDP tunes

Straight pipe
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 PM
PETE ENGR PSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebob View Post
good to know, will try when I get back to St-louis, cause I have Eric's xtreme street tune and when I hit the brake it fell more like I hit a really large dog!
Mine always does that, some of my other tunes do not do it as bad, but its hard to beat Eric's power.

KEVIN
2006 F-350 Kingranch 79,XXX

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Bowhunting Freak!

Mine does the same. Either speed up and turn the crusise off or hold the coast button and turn it off. No big deal. Power from erics tunes is worth it!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 04:07 AM
i like to party

I have vivians looney and when i hold the coast button my truck jerks and stays at the same speed, is i hit the brake or hit off it jerks, i just speed up and turn it off. This tunes alright for daily driving, wish i just went with erics tunes from the start but hey you never know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode