ECT and EOT installation location - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Ford Motor Co. Worker

ECT and EOT installation location

Thinking of using the EOT port for gauges as well just put a T in it's place. To accommodate both. What do you guys think?

Same as ECT.

I hear that Dodge is giving you a puppy with every truck you buy, so you'll never have to walk home alone again.
2007 F250 6.0L PSD Lariat 4X4 - Dieselsite Coolant bypass Filtation -Bilstein Shocks-Blue fuel pressure upgrade spring-Rough Country Duel Steering Stabilizer-Fumoto Oil Drain Valve-HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade-ARP studded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Proud Sponsor

Re: ECT and EOT installation location

pretty sure that I saw someone do that before and the dash gauges wouldnt work properly.

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

For EOT I have mine reading through a billet filter cap (available from many of the sponsors) you then just thread your sensor into the top of the cap and wire it up.

For ECT I have mine in the side of the block down on the drivers side jsut above the oil pan. Requires an adapter plug to thread into the block. Other place that seems pretty good is removing the small cover where the EGR cooler ties into the oil cooler and drilling/tapping it for the sensor.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Ford Motor Co. Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
For EOT I have mine reading through a billet filter cap (available from many of the sponsors) you then just thread your sensor into the top of the cap and wire it up.

For ECT I have mine in the side of the block down on the drivers side jsut above the oil pan. Requires an adapter plug to thread into the block. Other place that seems pretty good is removing the small cover where the EGR cooler ties into the oil cooler and drilling/tapping it for the sensor.
You made mention of an adapter plug for the block. Could you please give me more detail to what type of adapter and where i could get one. Thanks

I hear that Dodge is giving you a puppy with every truck you buy, so you'll never have to walk home alone again.
2007 F250 6.0L PSD Lariat 4X4 - Dieselsite Coolant bypass Filtation -Bilstein Shocks-Blue fuel pressure upgrade spring-Rough Country Duel Steering Stabilizer-Fumoto Oil Drain Valve-HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade-ARP studded
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
6Leaker

yup, you will need: M16x1.5 (male) to 1/8"NPT(female) Metric Adapter. Autometer part #: 2268 or ISSPRO part #: R7964

Any Autometer or Isspro dealer will be able to get one for you, such as Adam at FCDP

This might get edited out, but this site seems to have the best resources for install directions online (that I know of) Here is the water temp install pic/directions, Install Pictures

Here is one of Adam's pics of the alternative location, the coolent sensor is the one below the wiring harness with nothing plugged into it,

also here is a pic for the billet caps, I have both oil and fuel filter caps, one is for oil temp and other for fuel pressure,

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 PM
PSN Veteran

so If I get the billet caps could I use a port off of the coolant filter for ect. would that be accuate enough.

TT

Zoodad mod, high idle mod, blue winshield washer fluid, cat delete mod, tinted windows
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 11:39 PM
6Leaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysteals View Post
so If I get the billet caps could I use a port off of the coolant filter for ect. would that be accuate enough.
pretty sure it will, Water Temp Sender in the Coolant Filter Housing - Powerstroke Nation

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Ford Motor Co. Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
yup, you will need: M16x1.5 (male) to 1/8"NPT(female) Metric Adapter. Autometer part #: 2268 or ISSPRO part #: R7964

Any Autometer or Isspro dealer will be able to get one for you, such as Adam at FCDP

This might get edited out, but this site seems to have the best resources for install directions online (that I know of) Here is the water temp install pic/directions, Install Pictures

Here is one of Adam's pics of the alternative location, the coolent sensor is the one below the wiring harness with nothing plugged into it,

also here is a pic for the billet caps, I have both oil and fuel filter caps, one is for oil temp and other for fuel pressure,

What EO temps are you getting using the oil filter cap?

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:04 AM
PSN Newb

what is some other areas that are best for EOT sensor? im not really feeling the oil cap option at this point.

Jason

--I shoot a Nikon D300. I carry a Smith & Wesson. I race a 1997 BMW E36. I wrench with Snap-On.
I Boost a 6.0Powerstroke
--

--I don’t Fail; I succeed at finding what doesn’t work--

--Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you--

--2004 F250 Crew Cab Short Bed FX4--1997 BMW 328is--
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:53 AM
6Leaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by headviking View Post
What EO temps are you getting using the oil filter cap?
bah sorry I didn't see this before. As best I know I am getting good readings from the cap. I was getting solid 190° temps on both coolant and oil until about 4 months ago when everything went to crap and the motor got studs/head gaskets, an oil cooler and EGR cooler. A month or so before it wiped out I was seeing in absolute worst case 230° oil and 200° coolant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtcbmw View Post
what is some other areas that are best for EOT sensor? im not really feeling the oil cap option at this point.

Jason
There is a test port location at the front of the oil cooler cover. Its a bit of a PITA to get too but would probably be the second best option. I don't know much more about it like what adapters you might need to make it work but I know the information is on here somewhere.

6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode