Need more POWER!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Need more POWER!!

Wow am I glad I found this forum! I have some questions that I could really use some good input. I would like to get a sct programmer I know I need the EGR delete kit but I do not have the money for head studs. My question is there a tune that I can get that wont lift the heads. I'm just looking for a little edge nothing to crazy on average I pull 10,000 to 13,000 LB's. The truck is a regular cab with a 6 speed manual on 33's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Proud Sponsor

Re: Need more POWER!!

SCT all the way, we can get you custom tunes that will be safer for stock headbolts.

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

That would be great is there any thing else you would recommend doing I have not had very good luck with this truck? The first motor I had I only got 63k before it flatten some cam lobes then took out the main bearings and it was all stock. The new motor now has 50k on it. I'm a little scared to do any moods.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Reppin' the 6.4L

I think you need to upgrade the clutch, and and a coolant filter for sure.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 02:51 AM
PSN Veteran

SCT!! CUSTOM TUNES!!

79puller, start a signature so we know how you ride
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

A coolant filter? Sorry this is my first diesel

2004 Ford F-250 4X4 XLT
6 Speed
Airaid Filter
Stock!

1979 Ford F-350 4X4
"Pullin Truck"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Scab

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
SCT!! CUSTOM TUNES!!

79puller, start a signature so we know how you ride
YEAH!!!! List all the fluids you put in your truck also.

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79puller View Post
That would be great is there any thing else you would recommend doing I have not had very good luck with this truck? The first motor I had I only got 63k before it flatten some cam lobes then took out the main bearings and it was all stock. The new motor now has 50k on it. I'm a little scared to do any moods.
if you are running the higher HP tunes, you will need a clutch upgrade. You can get away with it for a while on like a tow tune or something of that nature, but when you get into the 100+ HP range it is more then the stock clutch can handle for extended periods of time.

If you are towing, its a really good idea to get some type of gauges with an exhaust gas temp readout, water and oil temp read out so you can see any possibly problems plus know when to let off the throttle.

As said a coolant filter is a good idea, it catches all the debris that floating around in your coolant system and prolongs EGR cooler and oil cooler life.

When running the higher HP tunes, its a good idea to do a turbo back exhaust and remove the cat, as its a pretty big restriction. You can do it on stock exhausts, but its not the greatest idea.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin6-0 View Post
YEAH!!!! List all the fluids you put in your truck also.
LMAO, you should see his signature on other forums

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Would it be better to get mechanical gauges or doesn't the SCT have a monitor? Also has anybody ran dual exhaust strait out the back? I would like to run a 4'' down pipe into 3'' duals would this work or is that too small?

2004 Ford F-250 4X4 XLT
6 Speed
Airaid Filter
Stock!

1979 Ford F-350 4X4
"Pullin Truck"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode