Questions about Banks Mods - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Questions about Banks Mods

I just bought a 2005 F250 and it has just about all the Banks mods Full Exhaust, Turbo Plumbing, Intake, intercooler and 6 gun tuner.

The motor feels very solid but the tune seems a little off. The turbo has tons of lag but produces good not great power starting at about 2500 RPM. I am getting about 16MPG City and about 18HWY.

All the upgrades make sense with increasing engine efficiency and boosting power but I believe the six gun programmer is not functioning correctly and I'm missing a bunch of potential HP.

Taking into consideration all the current upgrades what would you recommend doing to boost power? Should I remove the Banks programmer and move to a different programmer? I want the most power that I can get and remain reliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 06:55 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Re: Questions about Banks Mods

Launch the six gun and get an SCT. Problem solved.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:03 PM
PSN Veteran

SCT with custom tunes will blow that banks tuner out of the water.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I wonder if anyone has tunes for the sct that will work with my configuration? I live in Memphis, TN I wonder if there's anyone around here that does dyno tuning using the sct.

Any Ideas on this?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebrady View Post
I wonder if anyone has tunes for the sct that will work with my configuration? I live in Memphis, TN I wonder if there's anyone around here that does dyno tuning using the sct.

Any Ideas on this?

Your configuration? The tuners that use an sct programmer can tune for anything.

02 f250
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Still learning

Sell the six gun and buy a custom tuned SCT. Do a search for tuners and go with the one you feel most comfortable with. Alot of opinions on tuners you'll learn. I went with Innovative. Your other mods are nothing out of the ordinary.

03 F250 King Ranch
SCT tuned by Eric @ Innovative, Exhaust, and Air Raid filter
EGR Deleted
Still to slow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Lead-Don't follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebrady View Post
I just bought a 2005 F250 and it has just about all the Banks mods Full Exhaust, Turbo Plumbing, Intake, intercooler and 6 gun tuner.

The motor feels very solid but the tune seems a little off. The turbo has tons of lag but produces good not great power starting at about 2500 RPM. I am getting about 16MPG City and about 18HWY.

All the upgrades make sense with increasing engine efficiency and boosting power but I believe the six gun programmer is not functioning correctly and I'm missing a bunch of potential HP.

Taking into consideration all the current upgrades what would you recommend doing to boost power? Should I remove the Banks programmer and move to a different programmer? I want the most power that I can get and remain reliability.
Easiest fix, SCT tuner for your 05. Gobs of useable power and with some of the banks parts already in place, you'll be able to utilize even more tuning.
Just make sure you stud the truck, if reliability is your main game. Also- get the EGR cooler out of there.
You're off to a good start though!

-06 F250 6.0L-SOLD
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.
---2011 F250 6.7 CCSB---
IDP Tuning+Torq2 | AFE | Recon | AMP steps | RBP wheels | Nitto
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I really appreciate everyones input on this. I'm sold. It looks like everyone prefers the SCT tuner and I just found that I actually know a friend that works at DynoSpeed Performance in Memphis and they're the local SCT Tuners.

I'll see if I can get numbers on the before and after moving from the six gun to SCT and post it here.

I am also now looking into ARP head studs and EGR Delete. Is there anything else you guys may recommend to help with reliability on the 05?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Scab

I haven't heard of DynoSpeed Performance. Do they do much diesel work or have experience tuning them? If they don't I would recommend usning a reputable tuner for your custom tunes on your SCT. Most of the Vendors on this site can provide you with excellent tunes. I use Innocative Diesel for mine.

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Diffrent Strokes

I currently have my Six Gun listed on Ebay so I can add a few bucks and get a SCT thru Innovate. My Six Gun felt like it was not working since I removed the dash panel for some stereo work. Found out I just forgot to plug the selector switch back in after I removed the entire tuner and wiring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode