New II Turbo installed - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
PSD MISSION

New II Turbo installed

just got done replacing stock turbo on my 04 due to the turbine wheel making contaact with the housing. i replaced it with a new Industrial Injection stage 1 VGT. i believe the computer is still learning the ropes but it is running pretty good after 30 miles of driving. the turbo sounds great actualy its whistle can be well pretty damn loud (loudest i have heard around here). i have found that on a stock engine it does have allittle trouble lugging the hills compared to stock but more then makes up for it when the old girl gets spooled up. and the truck might still be learning the VGT. i did the whole relearn thing and at first the thing wouldnt get out of its own way and seemed like every mile after that it was slowly building more boost not sure if thats normal but sounds right to me. i am overall extremely impressed and just hope this turbo last a long time.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS TURBO ON THEIR RIG? WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT?

I AM NEW TO POWERSTROKES BUT NOT TO DIESELS. I AMSTILL LEARNING ALOT ABOUT THIS TRUCK BUT LOVE IT SO FAR!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Hate 'R Us

Re: New II Turbo installed

Getting your tuner to write you a new tune for the charger might help things out if you haven't already done that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I dont know

Welcome to the Nation!!

o4 RC six speed.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 PM
KEM Sales & Support

I had an industrial injection hybrid 1 and absolutely loved it, it is a nice turbo that with the right tuning can have a minimum amount of lag... I just went a little bigger

KEM Racing
KEM Performance
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
PSD MISSION

i am in the process to getting the right tuning. i have not yet installed headstuds and being a former Tech i think im going to try them myself but i regret to say i will prob do the one at a time thing with the heads on. i dont see to much problem with this as long as care and attention to detail and sequence is followed and if i do have a warped/cracked head im only out time and labor on the job which is fine.thye truck has 60,000 miles and i think is in pretty good shape! If anyone has any severe contraindications for doing the heads this way please let me know! i am new here and i have read probaly a 1000 posts and learned alot about my new ride. this site is amazing for the at home mechanic and powerstroke lover.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Hate 'R Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by m13jason13 View Post
i am in the process to getting the right tuning. i have not yet installed headstuds and being a former Tech i think im going to try them myself but i regret to say i will prob do the one at a time thing with the heads on. i dont see to much problem with this as long as care and attention to detail and sequence is followed and if i do have a warped/cracked head im only out time and labor on the job which is fine.thye truck has 60,000 miles and i think is in pretty good shape! If anyone has any severe contraindications for doing the heads this way please let me know! i am new here and i have read probaly a 1000 posts and learned alot about my new ride. this site is amazing for the at home mechanic and powerstroke lover.
Just being confident working with your hands is half the battle IMO. The main thing to worry about with stud installs is worrying about the heads/block being flat with no cracks and following the ARP instructions for torquing the studs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode