Cummins widow - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Cummins widow

Hey guys
As the title reads i recently got out of my cummins. I chose the powerstroke as i spend a lot of time in the bush and the cummins body cant handle it. period. I really like my new 05 F350. Now questions for yas. I am looking to do exhaust intake and chip. i still have 2 years left on warranty and ive herd some horror stories with the trannys and EGR. Can someone please fill me in what i can do safely without blowing the tranny and so on. I plan on doing the EGR asap and head studs. also can someone fill me in on an affordable EGR and how involved it is? thanks guys. Also ive herd something about a tranny tune??? As i said i know how to make big power out of a cummins but not a Stroker. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:40 AM
<--before leveler & block

Re: Cummins widow

I dont believe there has been many problems with the 5r100 transmission. In fact my understanding is that its stouter than the allison behind a duramax. I know stock for stock the ford tranny is the strongest of them all with a good tune. And i think it will handle 450hp fairly well. As for your egr question, im not sure. I think river city diesel is the place. And for tunes, it would be custom tunes on an sct tuner. Innovative diesel seems to have one heck of a good rep for the the 6.0l powerstroke.

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Three words.
Ess
See
Tea.
SCT will take care of everything. It's the ONLY tuner to run on a 6.0. Lots of vendors on here that can take care of you. I deal with Adam at FCDP. His screen name is abrannan19. Good guy to deal with.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Oh really??? wow thanks that makes me feel good lol... will the SCT make an imprint on the computer for warranty issues? From what ive been told the Bully dog doesnt make an imprint?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbeckoutfitters View Post
Oh really??? wow thanks that makes me feel good lol... will the SCT make an imprint on the computer for warranty issues? From what ive been told the Bully dog doesnt make an imprint?
Bully dog stuff is bunk do not use it.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Diffrent Strokes

I would not worry to much about the transmission. As long as you dont run a Edge tuner the tranny should hold up fine. About the only decent tuner is the SCT X3 tunner from Innovate Diesel and I beleive they supply egr delets as well. Just make sure you change out those fuel filters every 10-15,000 miles depending on the enviroment. Also, just use the Motorcraft, Racor (makes the filters for Motorcraft), or the International filters.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Is the SCT X3 make an imprint? anyone know? also is it a tuner like plug n play as the edge is oorr just something you plug in tune then take out
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Sponsor w/out Blue name

as for tuning. SCT with innovative or some other companies tunes. no it doesn't leave an imprint as long as you return the ECM to stock. which the SCT can do. I don't think anything else can do that. including bully dog. as for the EGR I took the valve out a freeze plugged it shut. it cost me about $100 in all. not counting my labor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HOLDERDOWN PERFORMANCE-Senior Salesman

'09 CC/SB FX4 6.4L
GearHead, IDP, KEM

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:54 AM
<--before leveler & block

plug in, tune, and take it out. not sure about the imprint though

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

o ok that sounds way sweeter lol. any where that has a step by step or pics?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode