truck from hell - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
<-- Got Air ?
 
Craig@MPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 917
truck from hell

i have a friends truck that weve been trying to get running for 6 months we have changed the following parts.....its a 2005 f250 harley truck with 10k
2 ficms
2 pcms
2 sets of injectors
both oil rails
both standpipes
injector harness
engine harness
cam sensor
crank sensor
icp
ipr
new hpop
ficm relay
glow relay
interior fuse panel
ignition switch

truck has 60 psi of fuel pressure 1200 psi of oil pressure good compression in all cylinders
the truck will start run for 2 seconds than shut off and repeat til you stop trying ....will fire and run on either
the truck had a auto start and we took it out and taped all the wires up
were lost and dont know what to do anymore


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:29 AM
PSN Veteran
 
bluedge8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clearwater, MN
Posts: 3,629
Re: truck from hell

I really don't have a clue here, but I would verify the motor is sound, then change the entire wiring harness with known good electronics. Drastic I know but it sounds like your there

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
bluedge8 is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
<-- Got Air ?
 
Craig@MPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 917
Re: truck from hell

has a harness and electronics off my race truck that run


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 AM
PSN Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,273
Re: truck from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
i have a friends truck that weve been trying to get running for 6 months we have changed the following parts.....its a 2005 f250 harley truck with 10k
2 ficms
2 pcms
2 sets of injectors
both oil rails
both standpipes
injector harness
engine harness
cam sensor
crank sensor
icp
ipr
new hpop
ficm relay
glow relay
interior fuse panel
ignition switch

truck has 60 psi of fuel pressure 1200 psi of oil pressure good compression in all cylinders
the truck will start run for 2 seconds than shut off and repeat til you stop trying ....will fire and run on either
the truck had a auto start and we took it out and taped all the wires up
were lost and dont know what to do anymore


You have theft system problems related to the remote starter.

For Sale: 2000 F350, black cc sb 4x4
Jngreen is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:32 AM
it's an 02 05 08
 
turbodiesel_02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: san antonio,tx
Posts: 930
Re: truck from hell

definetly sounds like an electrical issue to me if it has fuel pressure and oil pressure,i had a 6.0 that would start and cut off after a second or 2 turned out to be a fuse that wasnt making good contact maybe try replacing the fuses perhaps

2002 ext. cab lwb 4x4 7.3
05 front 08 rear conversion
4in lift,forged rod motor,tunes by tsd,bts trans,6.0 transcooler,6 autometers to watch,studs,springs,push rods,238cc hybrids,itp reg return,stealth hpop,tsd custom fuel system and sump,an so on
6.0's pay the bills and 6.4's soon..
turbodiesel_02 is offline  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
<-- Got Air ?
 
Craig@MPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 917
Re: truck from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jngreen View Post
You have theft system problems related to the remote starter.
can you be more clear please


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
<-- Got Air ?
 
Craig@MPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 917
Re: truck from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodiesel_02 View Post
definetly sounds like an electrical issue to me if it has fuel pressure and oil pressure,i had a 6.0 that would start and cut off after a second or 2 turned out to be a fuse that wasnt making good contact maybe try replacing the fuses perhaps
replaced and tested every fuse


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Sponsor
 
04stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Snowshoe, west virginia
Posts: 1,984
Re: truck from hell

Same thing happened to me on my 6.0 if you have the equipment check and make sure your crank sensor is synchronizing and the motor is timed. Mine wasn't syncronizing turned out a tooth broke off the "tone ring" (that's what I call it) on the front of the crankshaft motor wasn't timing itself correctly. Would start hard run for 2 seconds then shut down.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
04stroker is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
<-- Got Air ?
 
Craig@MPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 917
Re: truck from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stroker View Post
Same thing happened to me on my 6.0 if you have the equipment check and make sure your crank sensor is synchronizing and the motor is timed. Mine wasn't syncronizing turned out a tooth broke off the "tone ring" (that's what I call it) on the front of the crankshaft motor wasn't timing itself correctly. Would start hard run for 2 seconds then shut down.
Thats what we were thinking it might be hoping it isnt though


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 AM
PSN Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,273
Re: truck from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
can you be more clear please


Sorry I can't because I'm not 100 percent certain that it is your problem.

My car, however, would do the exact same when I wired in my remote start.

I bypassed the theft system and all is good now.


I would think that you would see a theft light flashing at you or give you some kind of indicator. Does it throw any codes?

You might double and triple check all of your connections from the remote starter.

For Sale: 2000 F350, black cc sb 4x4
Jngreen is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome