A Long story - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Talking A Long story

Let me start this story out at the end and say that Andy and Kevin of Impact Diesel are some of the nicest and most knowledgeable people you could ever want to meet. Without their kindness, dedication, and hard work I would have a lot less money in my pockets and a lot more anger toward my truck.

But I am getting ahead of myself, cue the flash back sequence.

I have owned my truck for a little over a year at this point, 4 of those months this truck has been functional. Now I will be honest that when my HPOP and STC fitting took a dump on me, I did the work myself and it took me a while to get those replaced. The good news is that I must've done something right because I was able to bring her back to life, for a short while.

About 3 weeks to a month after the hpop went on me she starting running like crap, pure crap. I didn't want to deal with it myself this time so I farmed out the job to a mechanic from a dealership (more on that later) to do some checking. a few injectors later, it was better, but didn't last long again.

She started spewing smoke and running rough at idle. It would also shudder and shake on acceleration at around 50mph. This time my wife steps in and forces me to the dealership. "they know what they are doing".............

I won't go into to many details on the dealership itself, but here is the end result. Two weeks after I bring her in they had finally pulled the head and found a melted piston. This after me having to call them every day to find out the status. So they say I need a new engine, for 15K... ok, that makes sense, its a dealership, they have to follow the guidelines and whatever. Any other options? A used engine for 10K, no warranty. Ok, that's less good, anything else? Nope, thats it.

So I had the truck towed to my house. I can't afford to pay the same amount that I owe on my truck to an engine. And things just didn't feel right. I didn't even know the half of it.

Time goes on and I start looking for alternatives. Found a long block. Found some injectors, and a turbo (Thanks Powerstroke Racer!) Found someone to do the work (Thanks RescueF250 and Impact Diesel!). Feeling a little better I ship the truck off to VA.

The truck gets there safe and sound and they tear into it. I get a call from Kevin to tell me that there are a few things I should know. 1. Parts are missing. 2. Parts are broken. Looks like someone wasn't happy they didn't get my business to replace the engine.

I could get more in depth, but what I really wanted to share was the pictures of Andy and Kevin's work! So here come the pics!

A peak at the damage:

Work begins:

Well there's your problem:

Get that cancer out!

The plot thickens:

So fresh and so clean:

Nice fit:

Bend fuel lines out of the way? Who does that!?!?

2005 FX4 CC SB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Long block: Blackwater Engines
Turbo and injectors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Dave!!!
Install: Impact Diesel & RescueF250
Thanks Kevin and Andy!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: A Long story

POWERMAX!

Going back together well:

Final touches:

Finished!

And all in under 24 hours!!!

I guess the moral of this story is, know who is working on your truck, and communicate with them as to what your expectations are, and what theirs are. The dealership in my story lacked the communications skills and would only go far enough to be "by the book." And maybe that is what they are there for. Yeah I'm upset with them, but I'm happy it led me to a couple of guys and some vendors that I can now trust and really recommend.

2005 FX4 CC SB

Long block: Blackwater Engines
Turbo and injectors:

Thanks Dave!!!
Install: Impact Diesel & RescueF250
Thanks Kevin and Andy!!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

kevin is awesome!

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 03:22 AM
harley master

Good job guys!

06 ccsb-gone but not forgotten
00 rclb-a little of this and that....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Mike's Diesel Performance

Send a message via AIM to sick97psd1

Nice Job Kevin!!!

Mike's Diesel Performance
734-385-4208
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 03:41 AM
All done now

Cool beans. Good shop, but not a vendor.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Reppin' the 6.4L

Yeah, I wish I had a shop I could trust like this. Down here in Alabama I can only find dealers. :dunno:

If I could find a shop where the workers were Org members, they'd pretty much have my business for life.

But congrats on the "new" engine. Hopefully she'll treat you right! Enjoy it brotha.

Blake

Looking for a second 6.4L....

2008 F-250 CCSB King Ranch 6.4L
4" Rough Country Lift, Dual Steering Stabilizers, 20x10" XD Diesels, 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Line-X, 15% Tint, MBRP 4" Cool Duals w/ 6" Tips, S&B Intake, Flo-Pro EGR Delete and Elbow, MBRP CAC Tube
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:52 AM
PSN Veteran

Great Story. Glad it worked out for you.

Real Diesels Have Stacks
New Tunes by Matt @ Gear Head - Auto Meter Gauges from Nate @ PTP
Air Dog II Fuel Pump
First RR Fuel System built by hand @ Murff Racing

More to come soon..........
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 AM
PSN Local

06 F 350
AFE Stage 2, MBRP Turbo Back, Gauges, CTS, Studs, oem gaskets, O Ringed, Powermax, Accufab elbow, Z Max Intake, Elite uppipes, BDP waterpump, EGR Delete, FS 2500, Coolant Filter, AD 100, 6.4 Banjo's, Hi Idle Mod, CCV Mod, 58V FICM PHP tuned, Gearhead Tuned
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 12:26 PM
PSN Local

Hey Luke that garage looks awfully familiar in those pics

Special thanks to:
Doug @ GOGO Diesel
Ryan @ Full Force Diesel
Adam @ FCDP
Matt @ Gearhead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode