Help! Oil spouts on HP oil rails - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Exclamation Help! Oil spouts on HP oil rails

I have an 03 engine that has a major leak from the base of the swivel spout in the oil rail. The leak is so bad it will not start when hot. I have been unable to uncover any info from Ford or International as to any other options than a complete replacement rail. Ford quoted me $900 for the one rail and International quoted $800. Is there a socket to remove these plugs and a seal kit availible? The International diagram gives dimensions of the O-ring and lists it as a #118 O-ring. It seems down right crazy to spend so much on a complete replacement part when the only problem is one O-ring. I have searched online and in forums with little result. Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 04:25 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Help! Oil spouts on HP oil rails

There is a tool to remove the HP oil lines. I bought one and it works for the HP oil lines at the heads and at the HPOP. I do not know of a socket to remove the plugs. Most of that stuff is just metric fittings. I unplugged some of that stuff when I replaced my HPOP to see how it went together and I just used basic metric socket set. I do not know of a o-ring kit. I talked to ford dealership and they only sell the standpipes or oil rail. It really blows because its not the rails or lines that fail usually, but the o-rings. I am not 100% of the location of your oil leak. I will see if I have some pictures when I pulled my stuff apart to see if that might help.

2003 F250 6.0 CC LB
ARP's, Straight Pipe, IDP Tuned & FICM, Custom EGR Delete, Coolant Filter, PS Filter, Bypass Oil Filter, Upgraded Fuel Lines & Crossover, EGT & Fuel Pressure
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 AM
Sponsor

You can find HP oil rails on ebay all the time for waaaaaayyyyyy cheaper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
It wasn't me

I bet you could find the o-ring you need at Mcmastercar or some place like that if you get the demensions

Newman
A few Fords
Special Thanks to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Damnkids Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Mdub707

I agree, Mcmaster has a huge selection of o-rings in a variety of materials as well.

DamnKids Motorsports

2006 F-250 6.0 4x4 Vegistroked
SCT Xcal2 w/Innovative Diesel Tuning 466/772 7/19/08
Black smoke don't mean it's broke... it means your tuning sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Paypal can go fuk themselfs... Buy me a beer the next time we meet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode