Which Clutch? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Master of Disaster

Which Clutch?

Well my race file is spinning my stock clutch! So which clutch do i go with? Im leaning towards South Bend, but i looked and have a ton of options! Anyone have suggestions and or Part numbers/prices?

Thanks for the help!!!

-Wade

2004 F-350 6.0 6" lift 35's 6spd MANUAL 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, (ARP's,New HG's EGR Delete from RCD Coolant Filter, 4 gauge pillar with Autometer Phantom Series 1 gauges. Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and Oil Temp. Shimmed FPR. FabTechs.Improved Banjo Bolts, SCT X3 by RCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Lost Cause

Re: Which Clutch?

I am running the Southbend Dual Disc FDD3250C60. I like it a lot better than the single disc.

2016 F-350, FX4, CCLB, 6.7PSD, 7" OUO/ICON/FOX lift, 38x13.50-18 Toyo MT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 PM
PSN Veteran

I just got a Southbend DD. I have a friend with one in his dodge and a friend with one in a OBS. You can't go wrong with the performance lof a southbend DD clutch. If you ever do a turbo upgrade or injectors you will need one. That's y I would go with a dd if I were you.

Josh.
2003 6.0 RCLB
powermax
190cc
tuned by Eric and Matt
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 PM
INFAMOUS

SouthBend Twin Disk

Camacho
99 F-350 Single cab LB 4x4 Just an old farm truck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Red">BALLISTIC DIESEL PERFORMANCE

PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE RACE FOR THE WARRIORS!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Master of Disaster

Yeah i did some reading on South Bends website, i just need to figure out how much HP im running. I think my race file is 160hp....but they say your clutch needs to be matched as close as possible, but what if you switch to a tow tune that is 100hp less??

2004 F-350 6.0 6" lift 35's 6spd MANUAL 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, (ARP's,New HG's EGR Delete from RCD Coolant Filter, 4 gauge pillar with Autometer Phantom Series 1 gauges. Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and Oil Temp. Shimmed FPR. FabTechs.Improved Banjo Bolts, SCT X3 by RCD
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
PSN Veteran

Yes that is what they told me as well. The smallest dd clutch is 650 rwhp. With a good tuned truck with fuel system you will be at about 450 rwhp+. if you put injectors in it down the road you'll be over the limit on tha big single. I thank it like 500rwhp. But I have had friends slip that clutch pulling and raceing with 400 to 450 rwhp. I wouldent risk it for 1000.00. I know the dd is high. But that's alot of clutch man. If I were you I'd go with the smallest DD they have and you will be fine.

Josh.
2003 6.0 RCLB
powermax
190cc
tuned by Eric and Matt
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Master of Disaster

sweet, yeah im gonna go with the Dual Disk setup!!! thanks for all the help!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode