turbo pairing with the 6.0 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

turbo pairing with the 6.0

so ive been throwing around turbo and injector options. I was going to ask the general consensus... what have you experienced with turbo diverter valves? As an aid to spool a single turbo? I have seen someone else post a diverter valve on a triple turbo setup i tihnk it was? i was going to see if it would be enough to help spool a 71 mm k/31 with some hefty sticks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Sponsor

Re: turbo pairing with the 6.0

What are you wanting to do with the truck? Do you have supporting mods for your planned added power? Do you plan to tow? These are all questions that are going to be important to answer before you can get reasonable answers. Tadd is the triple that is running the diverter valve in the triple setup from Elite. You might want to contact them directly. Not many have ran them. I THINK Shawn might be running one now??????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

It will stay my daily driver, but i want to make it a seldom puller and have fun at the strip. Yeah I am taking into consideration the supporting mods I need. Still throwing around injector/turbo combinations.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Proud Sponsor

you can do that with injectors and a single turbo, you just have to be careful with turbo size as to not get too large if you still plan to tow the donzi..

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I dont think the harley will meet the donzi much more. last trip really made me look hard at my stack. 2000-2500 rpm the whole time. after 2200 the drone just ROLLS on. hooray for 37's and 3.73s. thats why im getting rid of them and going back to a 35.

I was looking at a set of 275 elites that someone had used but i think that will be a bit too much fuel for a single. And from what I can tell, those injectors would need a RR and airdog/fass and hpods. I plan on doing the RR and fuel prep regardless. I wont be towing much beyond my 6x12 enclosed trailer since we got a 450 6.4 for the farm a few weeks ago.

anywho. I am slowly collecting parts at the right price. ive got my studs in hand, been browsing injectors and turbos like its my job. Whats the deal with the swap for a t4 style turbo? unless it is specific to mount to a 6.0, you have to have a pedestal correct? and adapter for the exhaust up pipe to the exhaust phlange of the turbo? both of which comibined are almost over 1,000 before cost of a turbo. is there an easier way of doing it with your own turbo?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
PSN Veteran

look at bd's s300 mount. it will mount a t3 and they sell one with a diverter valve on it. i havent looked at k31's. are they a t3 or t4 foot?

06 crew cab
06 reg cab

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned

not sure but will check out the BD diverter. thanks!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

BD Power - Product: 6.0L Turbo Thruster Kit

nice looking diverter valve setup.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:48 PM
PSN Veteran

66 seems to be the biggest anyone would want to run out of a single. any bigger and it will be laggy. I was real happy with my 62 and 190s and still towed with it. loud but sounded really good. 190s and a powermax makes around 550... you dont need to go overboard to make big power.

2006 F250 CCSB

thanks to FCDP and Innovative Diesel
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 11:28 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

275's are to large for a daily driver same with the 66mm, not the best streetable even the 64mm takes some playing around to get it right.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode