PSA: PLEASE DONT BUY AFTERMARKET WARRANTIES!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Proud Sponsor

PSA: PLEASE DONT BUY AFTERMARKET WARRANTIES!!

I just hate to see people get bent over when it comes to making claims with them. We have 2 trucks in the shop now both with aftermarket warranties, both have blown headgaskets, one company has already declined because of the "trickle affect" basically the oil cooler takes out the egr cooler then the egr cooler takes out the headgaskets, they wont cover it because that's how it happened, even if that's not true in each case..they take a TSB over facts (how convenient)

The other truck is here and it will be torn down soon for the company to come and inspect but I would guess they will deny it too, it never fails.

These companies have no problem taking you $1500-2000+ for this "fantastic" warranty that sounds great on paper when you don't have any problems. But mark my words, you have an issue, they will weasel their way out of covering it..

Be smart guys, buy the FORD ESP ..if you are going to buy anything. And just make sure of what you are getting, just because you buy a warranty from Ford doesn't mean its a FORD ESP, the dealerships do sell these crappy aftermarket warranties that are typically several hundred cheaper then the FORD ESP.

Also when buying any warranty, weigh your options as to what you could buy for upgrades and fixes for known problems vs. buying a warranty that may or may not cover said failures.

ok, rant over..

Adam Brannan
Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone (904)-813-5067

2011 F350 KR SWB CC 4x4 tuned by Ford
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: PSA: PLEASE DONT BUY AFTERMARKET WARRANTIES!!

Hate to say it but i have fell for one of these to. i cancelled it awhile back though. they didnt get much of my money.

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat Outlaw 4X4

SCT X3 Tuned By Innovative Diesel
Straight Piped
Edge Insight
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
The Original

Adam,

I hear ya I've had several people come in the last couple days saying they had those extended warranties. They aren't worth the paper they are written on.

[CENTER]1994 F350 4x4 5spd, 1995 F250 4x4 5spd, 1996 F250 4x2 auto, 1997 F350 4x4 auto, 1997 F250 4x2 auto

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 PM
PSN Veteran

When I was working in the dealership, I don't think I ever seen a single one get paid. They will come up with every excuse not to pay.

2001 F250, CCSB, 4X4, Auto, Forged rods
Lots of go fast parts and still slow.

2001 F250, STD cab, 2WD

Frame is a little shorter now
workin on body
engine build underway

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStroker View Post
Adam,

I hear ya I've had several people come in the last couple days saying they had those extended warranties. They aren't worth the paper they are written on.
yea, typically we wont accept them at all or deal with the companies because of all the hassle then never paying. These were a couple special cases but the customer guaranteed payment to us (signed contract w/deposit) no matter the outcome of the warranty company. That's the only way we will even work on them.

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbilly420 View Post
When I was working in the dealership, I don't think I ever seen a single one get paid. They will come up with every excuse not to pay.

yep..Adam H came from the dealer and said the same thing. They covered a wheel hub for a customer on one but not an oil cooler

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 PM
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
yea, typically we wont accept them at all or deal with the companies because of all the hassle then never paying. These were a couple special cases but the customer guaranteed payment to us (signed contract w/deposit) no matter the outcome of the warranty company. That's the only way we will even work on them.
They always come in wanting a tuner but don't want it to void their aftermarket warranty. You try to explain that its probably already voided but ya know how that goes

[CENTER]1994 F350 4x4 5spd, 1995 F250 4x4 5spd, 1996 F250 4x2 auto, 1997 F350 4x4 auto, 1997 F250 4x2 auto
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Proud Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStroker View Post
They always come in wanting a tuner but don't want it to void their aftermarket warranty. You try to explain that its probably already voided but ya know how that goes
yep..there was one also declined headgaskets because of having tires that were 33% larger then stock and the truck had business stickers on the back window..

Adam Brannan
Email

Phone (904)-813-5067

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 11:08 PM
PSN Veteran

You mean people actually buy those???? My kids love getting those in the mail, cause then they get to play with the SHREDDER!!!!!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 PM
id: 5520

They are all thieves for sure.. It's like a legal scam..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode