Regulated Return or Airdog 2?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
rollin coal!

Regulated Return or Airdog 2??

So im getting everything together to do the studs on my truck and I wanna do a fuel system while the truck is apart. Im looking at Elite's stage 1 RR or an airdog 2. Any suggestion on which one to go with? Im also going to order a Garrett powermax turbo and eventually some 155cc injectors but that is the biggest sticks I will run since I tow pretty heavy. So what do ya'll recommend??

01 F350 CCLB 7.3 6 Speed with Luke clutch, 38R Turbo with Riffraff Billet Wheel, IH Bellowed up pipes, EBVP delete, hi flow outlet, Riffraff HPX, Riffraff intercooler boots, AFe Intake, Full Force 160cc single shots, Strictly Diesel RR fuel system, Hydra chip, 5.5" Fabtech lift, 18x10 Moto Metal 962's, 325/65/18 Cooper STT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Sponsor

Re: Regulated Return or Airdog 2??

Both.

HOLDERS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
Building and flowing 6.0 injectors in house
holdersdiesel.com
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 AM
I Just Break Stuff

If I had to choose one or the other........ Ide go with the AD II. Those 155s aint going to fail because you dont have a RR. Run low on fuel pressure and see what happens though. JMO. Good luck with it.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
rollin coal!

Ya i was thinking the AD II would be plenty for my setup since im not going to be running a big set of sticks. My truck is pretty much a weekend driver and a tow rig for camping so I would hope the AD II would support the 155's

01 F350 CCLB 7.3 6 Speed with Luke clutch, 38R Turbo with Riffraff Billet Wheel, IH Bellowed up pipes, EBVP delete, hi flow outlet, Riffraff HPX, Riffraff intercooler boots, AFe Intake, Full Force 160cc single shots, Strictly Diesel RR fuel system, Hydra chip, 5.5" Fabtech lift, 18x10 Moto Metal 962's, 325/65/18 Cooper STT
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Just the AD will do all you need with the 155's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Sponsor

The AD II has a regulated return that runs back to the tank. The ADII will definitely help way more than the RR with your injectors. I don't know what size injectors they are, but elite recommends their rr system up to a stage 2 injector.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 02:07 PM
PSN Veteran

Not to Derail the OPs thread, but would you need a RR with an airdog 2 and say 175 sticks?

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Sponsor

The airdog 2 already returns fuel to the tank. IMHO if your gonna go over stock sticks, you need a fuel pump like the AD or FASS to keep your injectors happy. The best system would be a RR with the ADII.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 02:21 PM
PSN Veteran

cant the fuel only be regulated at the regulator set to the lower pressure? if you had a regulated pump set to 55 psi and a regulator set to 60 psi on the motor wouldnt the regulator on the motor never open? in my opinion all you need is a regulated pump, and drill out the banjo bolts or get upgraded lines from the bowl to the heads and mabue a crossover line in the back.

2006 F250 CCSB

thanks to FCDP and Innovative Diesel
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Sponsor

I would NOT drill out the banjo bolts. Buy oversize lines and fittings, but I have heard of several breaking in the heads, and that is a nightmare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode