Which EGR delete - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
STILL LEARNING

Which EGR delete

My brothers 05 is having issues with his EGR and after the run around from the dealer and his warranty being up he wants to fix it on his own the right way. ...The original complaint was overheating. The dealer said the rad cap was bad and they replaced that. While it was in they did the computer reflash. 2 days later the truck would not start and had to be towed back to the dealer. The dealership computer said the truck needed the newest reflash. Somehow the computer lost the new file. The dealer reflashed it again. When my brother got the truck home it was blowing black and white smoke and had a rough idle. He brought the truck back again!!! The IDM was bad so they replaced that. It fixed the black and white smoke issue. He hardly drives the truck other than towing, it has only 44k on the truck in 5 years. Well today he went to change his oil before a trip to Main and he says there is coolant residue all over the engine by the EGR. So any help would be greatly appreciated

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Which EGR delete

So your wanting to delete the EGR? If so, go ahead and use the search feature, there's more than enough "who has the best EGR delete" threads on here. As for me, i deleted mine with one from First Coast Diesel Performance. A lot of guy's on here have Adam's delete kit.

06 F250 Lariat CC SB FX4 6.0, EGR Delete by FCDP , 58v FICM by Quick Tricks, Autometer Gauges (Boost, Pyrometer, Trans. Temp), SCT X3 W/ IDT, 4" TB Straight Pipe, S&B CAI, ZOODAD, Retro-Solutions HID Kit (4300k), CCV Mod, Coolant Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
no reason to get butt hurt like someone shoved a lamp up ur butticusrumpus or somthin
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:01 AM
<-- Got Air ?

sinister manufacture has a very nice and cheap egr delete easy to install doesnt reguire taking the whole manifold out of the truck
6.0L Ford Powerstroke EGR Delete Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
STILL LEARNING

I did a search and there is about 15 pages of threads with egr in them. I couldnt find a comparison between the 10 or so kits available. That is why i asked

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Fummins 6.0

Liberator's Performance is in the most magizines, for EGR they did mine, but there EGR delete is what made them famous, there out of Carlisle PA. if you didn't want to use them Elite diesel.

06 F-250 CCLB 5.9 Cummins CR, Allison 1000 automatic transmission, o-ringed block, HAM-CAM head studs, HD valve springs, HD high forged pushrods, Twins with S480,(76x88) DDP 120hp injectors 220GPH FASS a bizillion adaptors, rear ladderbars, 20's, 5" SS MBRP turbo back custom tuned Smarty TNT by smarty
estimating 700-800 RWHP
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_brad View Post
I did a search and there is about 15 pages of threads with egr in them. I couldnt find a comparison between the 10 or so kits available. That is why i asked
That girl is darn pretty. My buddy says, "you're kidden' me, right?" The moral of the story is: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In other words, start reading those 15 pages, and always remember, in most cases, you get what you pay for.

'04 F350 CCLB DRW. With some stuff.
Redwood 36FL
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 04:57 AM
PSN Veteran

it is nice to put a clean manifold back on the truck if you go thru the trouble. you will be surprised how much soot the manifold will hold

2006 F250 CCSB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks to FCDP and Innovative Diesel
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:38 PM
mmmm...beer....

Don't forget about the GoGo EGR delete.

IMHO, The top two "change the intake" deletes are GoGo's and FCDP's.

If you're not into chaging the intake, Sinister's and Liberator's are nice.

Scott
06' F-250 Harley Davidson CC SB
Lifted 6", 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers, intake, exhaust, gauges, tunes by Eric, GoGo Stage 1, Power Max, Strictly RR, Ported Uppipes, Swamps 58v FICM w/Atlas 80, 5r by Elite.

04' Excursion
Stock

99' F-250 EC SB
Stockish
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Hate 'R Us

GoGo or FCDP

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnsloppy4x View Post
Don't forget about the GoGo EGR delete.

IMHO, The top two "change the intake" deletes are GoGo's and FCDP's.

If you're not into chaging the intake, Sinister's and Liberator's are nice.
Thanks. That was the answer I was looking for

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode