I think I finally killed it! LOL - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor

I think I finally killed it! LOL

The tranny in my red truck was one of the first John Wood Kits ever produced for a 5r110. DJ actually built it using John's parts. It had 40-50K behind Richards truck, and I think we can all say it was not babied. Then I have put 55K on it, and its not exactly gotten any easier with me driving it. Well at TS it started having a few hiccups when in reverse, then the other day I was backing the new trailer up a hill, and it felt like it would grab, then slip, then grab, slip etc..... Its the tranny everyone said would never live......just like the Beans turbo. They were right, only 100K+ of getting its ass kicked daily.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: I think I finally killed it! LOL

so uh how to i do this to my tranny

06' F-250 CC SRW 4x4, 6" fabtech lift, bilstien 5100 shocks, 4" MBRP TB no cat, ARP studs, 2 JL audio 10" W0, 20x12 weld cheyenne 8's, 35x13.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ

BNIB 6.0 head with all related hardware, straight from FORD. For Sale PM me offers
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:58 AM
Oil anyone?

I have 102K on mine and still going strong. But its on the second set of blown head gasket so its done a lot of stock time. So what are you going to do? rebuild or 2011?

Pull truck:
96' F-250 ex-cab
Swamps oil and fuel
T-bars,airbags, 5in stacks
getting back on the road soon.
Now have a s366 from Swamps now.

01' xlt excursion with a 7.3
all stock for now and gets 18mpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor

I have had this truck since Dec 10 2003. Its been paid for since 2007, Its staying, (about to get a face lift though). I am gonna get the parts and rebuild the tranny exactly the way it was. I have since taken off the nitrous and drive it like a human being, so I figure getting another 100K should be easy out of the next tranny.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Dang, that's friggin' awesome. There was a decent bit of hp that thing was backing up too.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Hate 'R Us

Sell me your 190s so this next trans will last 200K

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode