What now??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What now???

I bought this truck from a used lot and had the FICM replaced at ford. Changed the oil and fuel filters also at ford. Ford wanted 200 to charge the A/C so i took it to Michael Tires Plus. After locking up the compressor they also busted the radiator and the sepantine belt then bent the water pump pulley which gouged the housing and then replaced that pump and pulley. Got the truck back and it was fine for a week or better. I was driving down the road and noticed a fellow ford owner in trouble. I gave him a jump and sent him on his way no big deal. About a week later my girlfriend took the truck with my daughter (for the A/C as it was 98 degrees that day) and when turning a corner she said it was acting like it did't wanna stop pushing her even when brakes were applied. I took it to ford and had the modules flashed and the truck is still acting the same. Rough idle, No power at low speed, less power WOT, at 55 the truck goes into overdrive and then vibrates heavily. Turn the tow/haul on and the vibration goes away. 2003 F350 Supercab Lariat with 4x4 and 6.0l turbo diesel.

If anyone has ideas Please reply or hell text me at 513 907 7045. I am out of options and probably going to take it to International to have them look at it. By the way my name is Jon Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I Just Break Stuff

Re: What now???

Jon.... sounds like you need to find yourself a good tech.Im sure some of the Ohio fellas will chime in and point you in the right direction. Hard to pinpoint a problem on these trucks without some real data from the ecm/tcm.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:03 PM
PSN Local

hey man how far you live away from celina? And i got a similar problem rough idle and shaking from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm. I am thinking our problem is something to do with injectors still tryin to find a good mechanic to work on mine and its been like 3 months.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM
PSN Veteran

Does it smoke bad when you are accelerating?
Sounds like an injector issue.
1 bad injector will cause a HUGE vibration...bad enough to shake the steering wheel up and down.
Also, the high revs, (Pushing) sounds like another injector issue.

2003 F-350 KingRanch 4x4
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have been told that the HPOP controls the injectors and was also told that in hard acceleration the truck having good pickup means its probably the HPOP.?? I will give $50 to anyone near me that will use their AUTO Engenuity on my truck!! I am in Hamilton which is roughly 50 miles North of Cincinatti. Please call if you have this thing. Any good Mech wants at least 200 for a diagnostic. Best mech around here in the Peterbuilt of Cincy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode