Is it worth it? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Is it worth it?

Is an egr delete worth voiding my warranty? Also will it help prevent head gasket failure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 01:00 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Is it worth it?

yes... it wont prevent HG problems but it definitely will make it less likely.. what year is your truck

2009 F-250 FX4 Icon, Toyo, Fuel, Bilstein, IDP/SCT, Flopro
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It's a 2007

2007 F-250-stock exhaust no kitty, no muffler into a 6 inch miter cut sct with Erics tunes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F350 DRW-stock

1992 ranger-"puddle jumper" kenwood head unit controlling four kicker speakers+one kicker sub all powered by JL audio G6600 amp

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 AM
I Just Break Stuff

How many miles? Has it been very problematic? I see you have ID tunes on it. Not a matter of "if" but when. You WILL cook your EGR cooler. Just a matter of time. Had dealer do gaskets twice. EGR cooler was cooked both times. Imagine that. Have FCDP EGR delete, kinda hard to flash boil coolant in something thats not there. Thus, no EGR valve letting coolant into my intake to pop head bolts.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

It was bought used with 55k on the clock it now has almost 73k. We have had no problems with it and if i remember correctly the only major work on the oasis report was oil rail plugs.

2007 F-250-stock exhaust no kitty, no muffler into a 6 inch miter cut sct with Erics tunes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F350 DRW-stock

1992 ranger-"puddle jumper" kenwood head unit controlling four kicker speakers+one kicker sub all powered by JL audio G6600 amp
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 AM
professional slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim dandy View Post
It was bought used with 55k on the clock it now has almost 73k. We have had no problems with it and if i remember correctly the only major work on the oasis report was oil rail plugs.
My HG went for sh** so I talked to the service manager who set up a meeting with myself,himself and the diesel tech.
The tech agreed that studs and delete would help keep the truck out of the shop for that problem so I bought both kits and they installed them under warranty. Keep in mind that alot of dealers wont do this.

I would wait till it goes take it in and ask them, you wont lose your warranty if they agree to put it in.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 06:35 PM
PSN Veteran

My main concern for a delete, would be for California emissions. When you guys did the delete, did you replace the oil cooler too? I think I saw that diesel manor recommends.

I want to chip my truck, but I keep getting gun shy. Sounds like I have to sink $1000 in EGR upgrades, chip it, then save for HG and studs? WTF? Studs is like a $4200 bill.

This is giving me something to think about. I always knew all this, just never really calculated everything. Im going to be buying a fifth wheel next year, and im wondering if a chip is the right thing for me. Although... I wouldnt tow with tune in anyways, still...

Sorry, didnt mean to rob the thread... lol

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 06:40 PM
KEM Sales & Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-sixoh View Post
My main concern for a delete, would be for California emissions. When you guys did the delete, did you replace the oil cooler too? I think I saw that diesel manor recommends.

I want to chip my truck, but I keep getting gun shy. Sounds like I have to sink $1000 in EGR upgrades, chip it, then save for HG and studs? WTF? Studs is like a $4200 bill.

This is giving me something to think about. I always knew all this, just never really calculated everything. Im going to be buying a fifth wheel next year, and im wondering if a chip is the right thing for me. Although... I wouldnt tow with tune in anyways, still...

Sorry, didnt mean to rob the thread... lol
Where are you located?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 PM
PSN Veteran

California.. Bakersfield that is...

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwil View Post
My HG went for sh** so I talked to the service manager who set up a meeting with myself,himself and the diesel tech.
The tech agreed that studs and delete would help keep the truck out of the shop for that problem so I bought both kits and they installed them under warranty. Keep in mind that alot of dealers wont do this.

I would wait till it goes take it in and ask them, you wont lose your warranty if they agree to put it in.
I don't think my dealer would do this.

2005 F350 DRW-stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode